UFC TUF 28 Finale: Dos Anjos vs Usman - Nov 30

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, David said:

RDA is one of those fighters who'd really benefit from a division between lightweight and welterweight. He's a great fighter, but when you're facing guys who're at the upper size level of the weight class you're going to run into problems.

I found his last 2 fights painful to watch. It would seem to be a weight thing rather than him being shot. He's only 34. 

5 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

I found his last 2 fights painful to watch. It would seem to be a weight thing rather than him being shot. He's only 34. 

Yeah, he's facing guys who aren't just terrific wrestlers, but who are much bigger fighters. Both Covington, and especially Usman are much bigger than he is, so he's always going to run into problems.

• Paid Members

Definitely a bit of what David typed and a bit of people having a game plan for him at WW. Bigger dudes just grinding him down with a relentless pace must be knackering.

RDA in his prime was a phenom, but it's a bit much to say he's on the slide when you see that his losses are against the best of the division. Top 5/10 at WW is proper high level competition.

4 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Who's that twat Covington fighting next?

He wants the title fight against Woodley, but Usman is pressing to fight Covington as well. As much of a knob as Colby is, he definitely deserves the next crack at the title in my opinion. 6 fight win streak, solid wins over Maia and RDA, and he had the interim title as well.

1 minute ago, David said:

He wants the title fight against Woodley, but Usman is pressing to fight Covington as well. As much of a knob as Colby is, he definitely deserves the next crack at the title in my opinion. 6 fight win streak, solid wins over Maia and RDA, and he had the interim title as well.

Oh, absolutely. I find it difficult to take him seriously (as a personality) after Bisping ripped the absolute piss out of him, but he's got the talent when it comes down to it in the old octagon. 

1 minute ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Oh, absolutely. I find it difficult to take him seriously (as a personality) after Bisping ripped the absolute piss out of him, but he's got the talent when it comes down to it in the old octagon. 

His chat is rubbish, he's like Chael Sonnen's less cool, less likeable little brother or something.

Woodley wants the fight in March (he had surgery on hand after Till fight, January might be too early) I believe, Covington wants it in January, Usman wants whoever, I can see both the UFC & Usman pushing for a fight with Colby but I guess he might be trying to play his hand and waiting for the title fight, the UFC just skip over him to Usman (who has probably a better record, both beat the same guys) If Colby acts up in negotiations I would guess they just give Usman the fight, I think Usman is the better fighter but Colby & Woodley would have the bigger grudge match, same with Colby Vs Usman.

• Paid Members

saw the main event last week but forgot to comment.

170 is being dominated by wrestlers at the moment. The top 4 pretty soon could realistically look Woodley, Usman, Covington and Askren. Them guys need to start fighting each other though because they are knocking off every other contender. Good luck being a striker and breaking into the top 5.

On the subject of Askren, i dont see him becoming the dominant force in the division some thinks he'll become. Those other 3 guys have the beating of Askren if they dont get taken down, and there's a fairly solid chance they could keep the fight standing. Askrens walking into a shark tank.

Archived