Whose year will 2019 be?

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Inspired by watching a clip of Drew McIntyre on this week’s Raw. 

Vince’s prediction from 10 years ago might finally be coming true. He looks an absolute star, he’s acting like one, everything is clicking right now and I’m really hopeful that 2019 will be a year of McIntyre main events.

Becky Lynch goes without saying. As long as they don’t fuck it up she should hit the stratosphere if there’s any justice.

Who else will own WWE in 2019?

• Paid Members

Velveteen Dream. There are guys in NXT like Gargano and Ciampa who I can't ever foresee making a splash on the main roster, even if everything was going in their favour.

They're going to have to really fuck up if The Dream isn't the biggest star in the company by the end of 2019 though.

Matt Riddle should have a great time. He's already over with the fans, he's a great wrestler dripping with charisma, he's got a really good look and he's a legit tough guy, which you know Vince is going to be a big fan of. 

In terms of NJPW, hopefully, Taiji Ishimori gets a bit more of a showcase. He joined the company, had an incredible match and came second in their BOSJ tournament and he's done fuck all of note ever since. Hopefully his Wrestle Kingdom match against KUSHIDA pushes him to one of the top guys in the Junior division, because he's talented as hell.

• Paid Members

Miz will finally get his one more run with the belt. Possibly starting at the Rumble, possibly losing it to Bryan at Mania. Seth will have a U belt run but before years end it will be on Drew. Shayna will be top bitch on one of the shows before Christmas too. The Iiconics will be the first holders of the new tag belts.

13 hours ago, Supremo said:

Velveteen Dream. There are guys in NXT like Gargano and Ciampa who I can't ever foresee making a splash on the main roster, even if everything was going in their favour.

They're going to have to really fuck up if The Dream isn't the biggest star in the company by the end of 2019 though.

Completely agree, although more likely "The Dream" will be in a comedy tag team with someone like Goldust or Zack Ryder before 2019 is over.

I think the main feud next year could be Rollins/McIntyre for the Universal belt.

Elias should be in line for a decent 2019, he has finally turned face and gets good reactions everywhere they go.

I expect him to win the IC title by next summer and continue to be elevated up the card.

They just need to give him a bit more variety to the act as at the moment it's a bit repetitive but that's easy enough to fix.

Rollins should get a run with the Universal title as others as said and be positioned

Archived