UFC 232: Jones vs Gustafsson 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Man, that press conference was awful. So bad I nearly turned it off a few minutes in when Jones kept repeating ‘So you actually believe that’s why I beat you?’, ‘So you actually believe...’, ‘So you actually believe...’ about a zillion fucking times. Just terrible to listen to. Add to that the crowd were the absolute worst. Worse than some of the cunts you used to get at McGregor pressers. Just constant shouting, heckling and booing while the fighters were trying to speak etc. Even Cyborg and Jones asked them to pipe down a bit when they booed over Nunes answering a question. That’s before you even get to the way Dana and Jones were with the journalists.

You know when a journalist is asking a good question when you see Dana get all pink and irate. And there were a couple here. Him brushing off Helwani with the ‘ask Jeff Novitsky. Anything to do with drugs, call Novitsky’. I get that Novitsky will be able to provide a better answer but to come to the presser with nothing but ‘phone my mate Jeff’, when he knows the media are going to be asking about the drug test, was pathetic. Then there was that guy rightly asking ‘are fighters going to be compensated in any way because they’ll be taxed higher now the show is in California?’ And Dana just goes ‘Who’s gonna pay MY income tax?’ And then of course the female journalist, who they talked to like an absolute cunt. I felt really bad for her. She didn’t word it the best but her question was valid and deserved an answer. And both Jones and Dana tried to bully her into silence while the crowd egged it on. For me it wasn’t so much that she’s a female, although it’s never nice to see grown men talking to a woman like that. I’ve seen a lot of white knighting on twitter and stuff and I definitely think some of that is because she’s a woman and she’s pretty. It was the whole vibe of it that I find off-putting. She asked a question and Jones immediately started dismissing her with ‘next question’, ‘sit down’, ‘we need better journalism’, ‘who is this woman?’, ‘you suck’. All the time the crowd is booing her and laughing at Jones’ putdowns. Then Dana backs him up. 

The whole press conference just had a shitty feel to it for me. To be honest, it just felt like Dana and Jones were up there taking the piss out of everyone and the whole situation. When Gustafsson or Nunes or Cyborg spoke you’d hear the crowd laughing and being pricks and it all just felt like a big joke by Dana and Jones at everyone else’s expense. Which is odd because Dana and Jones have never been best of buddies before. This was probably the most pally I’ve ever seen them. 

It just kinda represents where the UFC is today, as a company. It's night & day from when Lorenzo and big Frank were running the show, in many aspects. Dana's a prick, and it seems there's no one now to reign him in and play "nice cop" as Lorenzo used to do in the past.

The company is only geared towards pulling in as much coin as possible to recoup the costs to the new owners, to the detriment of anything else. This is just another example of that.

• Paid Members

I hope everyone has been following Helwani on Twitter during the week. He's been a pro and spent the time giving fans and fighters a louder voice in regards to them getting buggered and the UFC doing nowt.

I find it particularly grim hearing fighters talking about having to splash the extra cash to move their camps and/or family. The UFC obviously don't want it mentioned but Helwani is rightly poking his big nose in their seedy business. It's funny all this is going on weeks after Dana looked like a twit ranting about Oscar.

There is a great Helwani interview with Gus on the ESPN. He basically is calling bollocks to it all. Saying he thinks Jones is a cheat but he doesn't care because he can't wait to twat him. I wonder if Dana is taking care of Jones' tax and camp. Gus says his manager got told to piss off.

Still mad to me that we’re a day out from probably the best women’s MMA fight of all time in terms of talent involved and it’s hardly getting a look in due to all the other shit going on. I know neither Cyborg or Nunes have much of a reputation for selling a fight per se, but still, fucking hell.

I’ll be made up if Jones gets beat. Elated if he gets finished. And I think he will, to be honest. Just got this feeling Gusty manages to catch him late on.

10 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

I’ll be made up if Jones gets beat. Elated if he gets finished. And I think he will, to be honest. Just got this feeling Gusty manages to catch him late on.

I think you've been on the glue. Gustafsson is the guy who was taken five frames by 2017 Glover, and who went to a decision with Jan fucking Blachowicz.

He'd have a hard time against OSP Jones, never mind the new, improved Drago-esque Jon Jones that we're going to see in Cali.

• Paid Members

It's going to be a scrap, for sure. Gus schooled Glover for 5 rounds, like, but he's not got Khabib power.

Gus isn't a short arse like DC, so Jones will have a harder time with that headkick. Jones admits he couldn't squash a tomato with his punching power.

Again, Jones being Jones aside, I'm delighted this fight is still happening. Nuts it's taken this long for them to match up again.

Archived