UFC 232: Jones vs Gustafsson 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Here's some bro science haters!

Good God some people really are either stupid or just do not want to accept the facts in front of them. 

I'll tell you someone who has been an absolute pro and incredible through all this and that's ariel, he been telling the facts no matter how much they will piss off the high ups in the ufc and speaking the truth and completely on the side of the fans and rhe fighters thst have been truly effected by all this.

Most journalists play safe and sound and don't want to rock the boat he has been fucking fantastic 

13 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'll tell you someone who has been an absolute pro and incredible through all this and that's ariel, he been telling the facts no matter how much they will piss off the high ups in the ufc and speaking the truth and completely on the side of the fans and rhe fighters thst have been truly effected by all this.

Ariel Helwani is a pussy and a crybaby.

Ahhh bollocks. Jones is the absolute business. He fought a great fight there. I really thought it was going to be harder for him. 

What now? There are no interesting fights left for Jones at Light Heavyweight. Jones has also stated that he won't fight DC at Heavyweight. Do we really need to see DC vs Jones 3 at 205lbs? Jones and the UFC commentators were pushing for it. But it does very little for me. And how does Brock factor into all this? If at all. I presume that Brock has to commit to the UFC after the Royal Rumble in January for him and Cormier to happen in the spring. 

My impression is that we will end up with Jones vs DC 3 in April of next year. And yes, it will once again end with DC blubbering. Ideally though, I would like Lesnar vs Jones next. 

Made the mistake of waking up and checking Twitter but at least I saw the Cyborg Nunes fight.  Jesus Christ!  And the people's champ reigns supreme, well until his piss test or something.  Don't know what he does now, no need for him to fight the daddest man on the planet again. 

• Paid Members

The wrong drug cheat lost.

Fair play to Jones. He was very nearly flawless with his game plan, as Gus couldn't really get anything going and missed a lot, looking off a beat all night (to Jones' credit). His post-fight promo was a little weak, but I do hope we get DC v Jones again. Obviously Jones wants it because it's his biggest pay day against someone he'll probably beat again. I get why DC doesn't want the drama or the L. The Brock fight is more coin and less stress. We saw with Cyborg that greats lose eventually, but not a clue who that dude is, unless Jones moves to HW.

Cyborg fought like a tit and, rightly, got battered. As thrilling and surprising as it was, Nunes is too crafty and dangerous for you to just charge her, Rousey-style, and Cyborg is too good to be fighting like that. She went in with no respect.

When do we reckon Jones gets stripped again?

Fantastic performance from Jon Jones who seemed to systematically take away every advantage Gus had in the first match - his footwork, range and boxing. If they are to do DC v Jones again it has to be at heavyweight.

The night belonged to Amanda Nunes though. Fantastic job from her and maybe a late contender for fighter of the year. I'd remtach her with Shevchenko next as that was a super close fight. Not a bad way to finish the year. 

Archived