UFC 232: Jones vs Gustafsson 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumble is a bodybuilder now. Don't think he has much interest in MMA. Shame but it means he can roid till his heart is content now. Always made me laugh when he would go on "Training Seminar" tours of cities in the middle of nowhere in China just before training camps and come back twice the size he was before.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Rumble is a bodybuilder now. Don't think he has much interest in MMA. Shame but it means he can roid till his heart is content now. Always made me laugh when he would go on "Training Seminar" tours of cities in the middle of nowhere in China just before training camps and come back twice the size he was before.

He seems content with life outside, but when he was on with Ariel a few months back he said he'd always be willing to fight if the money was right. Jones was mentioned several times too.

I think there'll always be a spot open for Rumble. Just needs the right timing.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

I fucking HATE him

That Rogan podcast he did exposed what a horrible knob he is. He only seemed to show genuine remorse and pain when it came to his career and reputation, rather than, you know, running his car into a pregnant lady etc.

At least he was honest, if nothing else. He could have did what many in his position would do and dupe folk into thinking he was genuinely sorry for what happened, while just being concerned about himself.

Most people in positions like his are selfish bastards. It takes an element of that to get to that level in any profession.

• Paid Members

And on the topic of Rumble, it sounds like he wouldn't mind giving Jone Jones a taste of his power, but only at Heavyweight:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11/6/18069998/anthony-johnson-says-hell-return-only-for-heavyweight-fight-with-jon-jones-or-daniel-cormier

I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing that myself. Jones doesn't seem overly enamoured with moving to Heavyweight, but it's the only way I would want to see him face DC again, and it's possibly the only way that Rumble, the humongous bugger, would ever be able to fight him at this point.

• Paid Members

Apologies for the double post, but I'm only after seeing this fight announcement:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11/6/18070018/chad-mendes-vs-alexander-volkanovski-added-to-ufc-232-card

That card is just going from strength to strength. This is a great chance for Volkanovski to really make his stamp on the top five of the division with a win over Mendes. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Jones doesn't seem overly enamoured with moving to Heavyweight

He's said in the past it depends on the fight or fighter. Essentially, he's not up for fucking about with giants or super power KOs like Lewis or, say, Hunt, but will take on slightly undersized HWs like Stipe and Cain - and, of course, Brock because money.

Maybe he's changed his tune recently (I still haven't watched the Gus press conference), but he's long said he sees his future at HW.

The thing is, Jones is a natural 205lbs fighter. He's not really got the frame that looks like it could take another 20 or 30 pounds of muscle, not without affecting how he fights anyway.

Nothing wrong with fighting where you're most suited to though.

Volkanovski has been quietly going on a bit of a tear, hasn't he? He's not quite a recognised name, but by christ has he put a run together. 

18-1, 5-0 in the UFC with 2 TKO wins and a couple of decisions, including a win over Darren Elkins, who was on a bit of a tear himself.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:01 PM, Supremo said:

If Jones loses, I honestly think I'll experience more joy than when my son was born. I fucking HATE him (Jones I mean, my son's alright).

I can thoroughly relate to this. I've never been so personally invested, or as gutted in a fight as I was when Jones stopped Cormier.

I'm past the point of even being arsed about who it is that finally twats him, I just want someone to do it. And luckily, I'm feeling good about Gusty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Another good Jones interview with Helwani. At least Jones is somewhat honest, after pretending, that he's not really that arsed about hitting the pregnant woman because she got PAID:

And here is First Take winding him up. They even pull up a super old DC quote in the beginning:

It's funny that you can tell Jones is absolutely done talking about DC, but folk keep bringing it up. In the normal world beating someone 2-0 should be it, but Jones' out of cage cock ups have sullied that in peoples minds, it seems. I hope they never fight again but folk still talk like DC didn't get bashed twice.

Archived