30 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I remember seeing them about, so I'm fairly sure they made it into England. 

They most definitely made it to Yorkshire. The corner shop closest to my school sold them for many many years. I only had them very occasionally as I quite like having my own teeth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without any hesitation or doubt, even in the cheapy shops or various Eastern European mini marts in the vicinity where you can find all sorts that doesn’t necessarily abide by UK standards I don’t see

when we see traditional type sweet shops i usually go in and buy myself some Haribo Turtles so the missus surprised me last week with a big fuck off 3 kilos bag of the beautiful little green fucks, iv

One of my favourite shops when I went to Germany was the Gummi shop. Gummi bears, Gummi animals, Gummi chillis as hot as hell, I was half expecting to see a Gummi Venus di Milo carved by Gummi Artisan

Posted Images

• Paid Members

When did seaside Rock become this soft sort of chewy lacking in flavour disappointment? My nephew brought some back from Bournemouth.  It looks the part. Yet lacks the texture and flavour of Rock that I remember.  That used to break where as this crumbles.

30 minutes ago, BigJag said:

When did seaside Rock become this soft sort of chewy lacking in flavour disappointment? My nephew brought some back from Bournemouth.  It looks the part. Yet lacks the texture and flavour of Rock that I remember.  That used to break where as this crumbles.

That sounds a million times better. Traditional hard rock is shit.

• Paid Members

Well the less than inspiring soft Rock seems to be readily available. The last couple of times I've tried some it has been of the insipid crumbly type. Is proper Rock still available? The type that breaks into almost lethal shards and sticks to your teeth before eventually dissolving away.

Doesn't hard rock go soft at some point? Like when it's left out in the sun or something? I distinctly remember having a multipack of rock from Littlehampton that had some hard and some soft, depending on how soon after buying I'd eaten them. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Doesn't hard rock go soft at some point? Like when it's left out in the sun or something? I distinctly remember having a multipack of rock from Littlehampton that had some hard and some soft, depending on how soon after buying I'd eaten them. 

I think that does happen. This soft stuff that I've unfortunately come across was fresh. 

Much like it’s musical counterpart hard rock is for your reckless youth whilst soft rock is for your ageing convalescence. I can’t look at a Refresher bar without getting toothache a peice of hard rock would finish me off.