Future wrestling books

The Reverend

Ok - so we have a thread already for wrestling books, but in this one I'd like to discuss who or what you'd like to see books about.

For me the dream (which sadly will never happen) is a warts and all autobiography from Vince McMahon.

I'd also like to see an autobiography from Kevin Von Erich. The Von Erichs are such a massive part of wrestling history, but their story hasn't really been told in print. It would also be good to see a history of Texas wrestling done in a similar style to the Stampede book.

And I'd also like to see the WWE throw open their archives for a photo book of rare and unusual pics from over the years. Think of all the great unseen promo and live photos that they must have.

Over to you - what would you like to see in print? 

I've always thought a good idea for a coffee table style hardback (like the WWE 50 or 30 years of Wrestlemania ones) is a big anthology of match graphics all displayed in chronological order. Like pages and pages of these, doing volumes according to time period and/or type of event:

123austintysonhbk_display_image.jpg?1299

x240-KAm.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS94v2qFbz2RJaR0K4bUZk

May as well throw in some bonuses from matches that never happened like this too while you're at it:

hqdefault.jpg

Chyna-v.-Austin.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Would love to see a warts and all bio of Vince McMahon. I still harbour a hope that he's been writing it for years and it's going to be released on his death.

I'd really like an honest Triple H and Undertaker book. I'd be happy for them both to be released as a trilogy to really explore their careers.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

May as well throw in some bonuses from matches that never happened like this too while you're at it:

hqdefault.jpg

Chyna-v.-Austin.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

A book just about matches that were advertised but never happened (and why) would be lovely as it is. Fill it with the graphics too and you're onto a winner.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I look forward to the back warts and all autobiographical tome from Snitsky explaining how he wasn’t responsible for certain events. 

Bet it’d be full of footnotes. 

3 hours ago, ThommoLincs said:

Would love to see a warts and all bio of Vince McMahon. I still harbour a hope that he's been writing it for years and it's going to be released on his death.

I'd really like an honest Triple H and Undertaker book. I'd be happy for them both to be released as a trilogy to really explore their careers.

Triple H's fitness book is essentially an autobiography. He goes into a lot of backstage stuff and tells how Vince disapproved of him and Steph.

Archived