Onyx2

34 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Hold the PS button to mute the cam on the quick menu.

Is this any good then? I've heard from 90% of players/reviewers it's embarrassingly dated, buggy and lifeless.

Jim Sterling was brutal in his impressions video.

Looks like what I was dreading. A half baked attempt by Bethesda at jumping on the "live service" bandwagon.

Ooh that's a top tip, thanks for that! 

Can't quite tell if I'm enjoying it or not, to be honest. It's always nice to be in a new Fallout world, but it definitely feels empty. Even with it being brand new, so you'd assume loads of people are playing, I've only come across about half a dozen other people in the 3 or 4 hours I've been playing. It very much feels like they've gone "here's a world, but we couldn't figure out how to make anything work with the multiplayer features, so you'll have to make your own fun instead". Bit tricky to do that when there's barely anyone else around though. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I'm still enjoying it because it's more Fallout. I'm OK with that. But I have to agree Bethesda is just looking to be the most hated company in all gaming with it's parade of idiotic decisions over this game.

• Paid Members

That looks awesome! Let's hope they learn one valuable lesson from Bethesda and have their characters (both playable and NPC) actually move and act like humans rather than animatronics. One criticism I have of Fallout and Skyrim is that the characters seem so lifeless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

4 days in, its ok but not wonderful.  Keeps stopping due to server issues which is a pain in the arse.

Oh really? Never had that. 

It's £20 in most places now.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Oh really? Never had that. 

It's £20 in most places now.

I think it’s more of a problem with Sky Broadband than anything, but Warcraft and ESO used to just carry on.  Mind you, stops me sitting there all day on it!

One of Bethesda's problems is that they've been using the same notoriously buggy engine for 400 years. Not sure if patches will be the answer and they'll almost certainly end up breaking something else.

No Man's Sky suffered because it underperformed compared to what was hyped. Fallout 76 has been one PR disaster after another.

Bethesda need to hit a home run with the next Elder Scrolls. But now I'm worried that they'll rush it's production in the hopes of distracting fans from the 76 fiasco.

Edit.

Server issues have been widely reported.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• 5 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

6 months on, the game has moved on quite a bit. 

Other than general world balancing, this week has seen the addition of a Battle Royale mode. Yes, really. 

And it's good fun. It's team based so you are dropped into a gang of 4 on a 50 player map. Usual deal: on site procurement, shrinking map, kill on sight. And you get a good team and it's a blast. I'm hopeless at FPS because I'm an old man now but I enjoy it. It's free this week so try it out. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Not played for a few weeks.  Found the Scouting tasks a lot of bother for not much return, so will probably return on the next big mission update.  RDR2 is taking up my life now!