Roman Reigns has Leukemia?

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It was on the news on the radio this morning at work. Cancer is a horrible disease. Here's hoping he's back and wrestling Strowman again for the title soon. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Powerful and moving speech by Roman on Raw. What a horrible, evil thing cancer is. Roman beating it - and maybe inspiring others to do so - and returning will be a great thing.

Originally my post said “they can’t keep booing him now, can they?” but then I realised they almost certainly will.

37 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Powerful and moving speech by Roman on Raw. What a horrible, evil thing cancer is. Roman beating it - and maybe inspiring others to do so - and returning will be a great thing.

Originally my post said “they can’t keep booing him now, can they?” but then I realised they almost certainly will.

Aye they definitely will. Special shout out to 2 dickheads in the crowd, 1 who you hear shouting “You still suck” after Roman said he’d been living with Leukemia for 11 years and the other who as Roman had finished his speech and was walking up the ramp decided  that that was a great time to keep asking him if he’ll sign his fucking poster. Wrestling fans man, honestly.

If there's anything positive to say at the moment, it's that he'll at least have access to the best care, which will give him the best chance of survival. There's a lot of people out there with the same illness who simply cannot access that level of care, and most of them go unnoticed apart from their friends and family members.

It's a terrible disease, and hopefully he comes through it. Have to feel for his family as well.

This has got me all day. Even telling people in work to get it off my chest - some who don't have any idea who it is.

Just gutted. Incredible to know when I seen him face Undertaker live that it was a man in remission from cancer.

All the best to him.

Strange The Rock has tweeted 3 or 4 times today and not mentioned Roman at all. Who am I to judge how he chooses to deal with it right enough?

• Paid Members

Devastating news. Really hope he pulls through.

Confused as to why the commentators were still talking about his match at Crown Jewel.. surely they knew what the news was and if so there wasn't any need to carry on with the kayfabe aspect??

3 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Devastating news. Really hope he pulls through.

Confused as to why the commentators were still talking about his match at Crown Jewel.. surely they knew what the news was and if so there wasn't any need to carry on with the kayfabe aspect??

Apparently they didn’t, only a few of the top executives knew. 

4 hours ago, FUM said:

This has got me all day. Even telling people in work to get it off my chest - some who don't have any idea who it is.

Me too. I discovered the news on my Google feed on the way to work this morning. Haven't stopped thinking about it since and I told people like you did, who had no idea of who I was on about. Some did and I messaged my mates who would have known and watch wrestling. I've never been a big fan and hated his booking but he is a top star and a great worker. My Mrs who decided that wrestling wasn't cool (once we got together after watching it beforehand) has always defended Romans boos and this was a shock to both of us. This may seem negative but it's a miracle that he ever made it this far when you look at survival rates beyond 5 years after remission. 10 years barely ever happens, it always comes back after treatment. Like someone mentioned, he's in a fortunate position to be able to get the best treatment available in the world. Many and the majority don't get that opportunity but there's also a new law passed in Canada and a method made famous by a Rick Simpson that I hope he incorporates into his treatment. I really hope he manages to pull through this again. What a star and inspiring man. 

When I went to see him in Birmingham a couple of years ago after WrestleMania when he beat Triple H, I remember him going down a bit better than I was expecting because Sheamus played the Insult Local Sports Team(s) Card. Running down the city with the payoff "You don't even have a Premiership football team anymore." There were a fair few boos but it wasn't as loud as I thought. I shook his hand after the match when he did some laps round the ring for selfies etc. Thought I'd go for that since I didn't have a pen with me to get an autograph in the programme and fair play, he sweats like nobody's business in that vest. So my hand was soaked in it. Mainly as it was his gloved hand. Makes me wonder how many he must get through. Really gutting to hear the news. Hoping he gets well soon.

• 4 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

I'm bumping this from heck and back because I think it's worth revisiting. Yes, Raw spoilers but I haven't been able to go anywhere including mainstream sites without seeing this Roman Reigns news: he's beaten it. "I'm in remission y'all."

This thread by LeukaemiaCareUK on Twitter directly addressing Meltzer (yes really) is a great read.

Archived