Best horror movie baddies.

chokeout

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to scary baddies from kids shows, the Demon Headmaster is up there. Must have freaked a lot of kids out first time round. Never re-visited it so not sure how well it holds up.

The-Demon-Headmaster-c-BBC_hi004600911.jpg

Is there a horror film that has more bastards in it than Pinocchio? The fox and the cat that groom Pinocchio, Strombolli kidnaps him and forces him in to slavery and then the coachman turns a load of lads in to donkeys. And that's before you get to the giant whale that eats Mister Geppeto.

• Paid Members
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, BomberPat said:

I'm a Hammer Horror nerd, so I'm going to give a shout to Peter Cushing's Dr. Frankenstein. Something we've lost in horror movies is that Hammer/Dennis Wheatley sense that the true horror is at the hands of these wealthy, urbane, well-spoken people behind closed doors of mansions and country houses. Cushing played Frankenstein brilliantly, in that he never feels like a parodic mad scientist, but an intelligent, driven man who'll stop at nothing to achieve his goals, to the extent that it warps his whole world-view and morality. Not necessarily scary per sé, but a wonderful villain.

GREAT call. I saw The Curse of Frankenstein at a cinema showing recently, and it's just gorgeous - so rich and visual, and Cushing is brilliant. I prefer him in Dracula, though. Lee's full of stage presence and being built up, and Cushing just quietly, subtly, stuffs the movie in his pocket and walks away with it.

There's a lovely (probably apocryphal) story from Curse of Frankenstein about Cushing and Lee becoming friends. Lee apparently walks into the dressing room, utterly fuming, having just learned that he has no lines at all. Cushing supposedly responds with "Count yourself lucky, I've read the script."

• Paid Members

8 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

When it comes to scary baddies from kids shows, the Demon Headmaster is up there. Must have freaked a lot of kids out first time round. Never re-visited it so not sure how well it holds up.

The-Demon-Headmaster-c-BBC_hi004600911.jpg

Who would have thought he'd end up at Arsenal and use his powers to convince the board to keep him around the last 10 years.

Archived