New Top Gear presenters

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

It's the lanky Lanky's; Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff. 

Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff will be the new presenters of Top Gear, the BBC has confirmed.

The pair will take over from Matt LeBlanc, after he steps down from presenting duties at the end of the next series.

The comedian and former England cricket captain will join existing presenter and former racing driver Chris Harris to complete the new-look line-up.

Filming for the 27th series of the BBC Two show will begin in early 2019.

Rory Reid, who joined the Top Gear team after the departure of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, will no longer have a main presenting role.

He began fronting spin-off show Extra Gear in 2016, and went on to co-host the main programme alongside LeBlanc and Harris on the most recent series,

Unsurprisingly, this has caused a complete meltdown online from various directions, with a combination of car spods, Clarkson fans and people offended by the fact it's two middle-aged white blokes. It's still less toxic than when they announced Chris Evans, which is hardly a compliment. 

Does anyone still watch Top Gear? What are your thoughts? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flintoff's been dreadful in every bit of TV work he's ever done. He doesn't have the personality or pizazz for a news bulletin, much less Top Gear.

And the choice of McGuinness just ITV-ifies the whole thing. There's literally nothing in this pairing for fans of the show to feel optimistic about.

Good luck, fellas.

I don't think there's anyone I've done more of a 180 on than Flintoff. He is just a complete try hard and just is utterly channel changing.

He was the Ian Botham of the 2000s, an immensely talented player who could change a game in half an hour and who liked a drink and was a bit of a 'lad'. He had a little bit of club cricketer in him and was a pleasure to watch.

Now he's an insufferable cunt who tries to be the new Bumble (and don't get me started on the parody he now is). What a complete nob.

• Paid Members

Oh my god, the only way it could be worse would be if they threw James Corden or Keith Lemmon in there too.

I bet there's a lot of 'WA-HEY!'-ing from those two in the show. I hate any show either of them have been involved in (well, excluding Phoenix Nights for Paddy).

Propa lads though ain't they.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Oh my god, the only way it could be worse would be if they threw James Corden or Keith Lemmon in there too.

I bet there's a lot of 'WA-HEY!'-ing from those two in the show. I hate any show either of them have been involved in (well, excluding Phoenix Nights for Paddy).

Propa lads though ain't they.

Can't wait for the first episode when they introduce them as 'The Boys are Back in Town' plays full-blast in the background. 

Honest question, what do Flintoff and McGuiness bring to the table? Clarkson and May were both motoring journalists before Top Gear so at least they had some element of credibility,these two are seemingly just pure entertainment presenters. Evans and LeBlanc were renowned petrolheads but were both dullards. Is there a happy medium? Could they just get Jay Leno to host it on his own and bin the idea of a three man team off?

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Honest question, what do Flintoff and McGuiness bring to the table?

If someone had asked this question years sooner, we'd never have ever heard of the fucker.

Archived