NWA 70th anniversary ppv tonight

wrestleuk

42 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Aldis, to me, is a lot like Matt Morgan. Has all the attributes to make it as a huge star, yet for some reason seems to lack the know-how to put it all together and make it work. He's got a great look, he's extremely capable physically, he seems to get that you don't need to hit high spot after high spot to have a good match, and he understands the need for being outgoing and vocal on the mike, yet he just ends up coming across as a guy acting like a guy who knows these things, doing them mechanically because he's been told that's what good workers do, without the spark or real understanding that ties them all together. He's like a pre-programmed wrestling android, instead of an actual human wrestler.

So a bit like Randy Orton but without the family connections?>

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

So a bit like Randy Orton but without the family connections?>

See, I get that, but for me he's almost the exact opposite - he's got all the tools, he knows how to put it all together, can work matches, angles & storylines with ease when he's motivated, but he's just not bothered any more and is phoning it in. Whilst Aldis is clearly trying hard and is motivated, but just can't seem to get it to work.

Archived