What would have been.....Ultimate Warrior

Armitage Shanks

In another thread there was a discussion about Ultimate Warrior and his passing, and someone commented how UW is worth more to WWE dead than he was alive as he was not good publicly.

He is now celebrated as a great man & inspiration within the WWE. The way in which he died days after his HOF Induction and his final speech appearance on Raw was surreal.Ā 

But if he didn't die what do you think WWE would haveĀ done with him?

Although it seemed he was not in any shape to return, would WWE of pushed one last match? Or another run maybe? (Ala Goldberg), a smoke & mirrors match with Vinny Mac? Would they of used him in an Authority Figure role? Or just kept him as an ambassador? What do you think would/Ā could or liked to have happened if he didn't pass? Ā 

Edited by Armitage Shanks

Both rushing in to see who could be first to correct a common spelling mistake. Must make you's feel great being able to correct others. Yes I made a spelling mistake - but I don't know why you have to be arsey about it and take it off topic straight away. Already I see this discussion going down like a lead balloon due to your negativity straight away.

I will correct the common mistake seen as it bothered you both so much you's had to rush in and comment about the mistake and not contribute to the discussion,Ā 

12 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

would WWE of pushed one last match? Or another run maybe? (Ala Goldberg), a smoke & mirrors match with Vinny Mac? Would they of used him in an Authority Figure role?

You missed a couple.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Must make you's feel great being able to correct others

It sure does.

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You missed a couple.

Ā 

It sure does.

Yes but it's a common mistake people make.

Thats good that it makes you feel good, but you must not have much going on in life if picking up on someone's simple spelling mistakes makes you feel so good. I pity you for this reason. There's so much more to life mate.

8 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

There's nothing they could have done with him. He was a firework; worked brilliantly in his heyday but fucked himself with roids and a terrible attitude to life. He was what he was, it's silly trying to create what ifĀ scenarios for someone who Ultimately didn't get it.Ā 

I still think they would haveĀ tried do something with him though. It probably would haveĀ ended up a disaster though.Ā 

Edited by Armitage Shanks

16 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Both rushing in to see who could be first to correct a common spelling mistake. Must make you's feel great being able to correct others. Yes I made a spelling mistake - but I don't know why you have to be arsey about it and take it off topic straight away. Already I see this discussion going down like a lead balloon due to your negativity straight away.

I will correct the common mistake seen as it bothered you both so much you's had to rush in and comment about the mistake and not contribute to the discussion,Ā 

Take no offence, I don't any more, it's within their nature.

Ā 

To answer the question, Warrior would've found a way to HAVE fallen out with WWE by now and gone crazy about it on the internet had he lived.

Edited by returner82

6 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

There's nothing they could have done with him. He was a firework; worked brilliantly in his heyday but fucked himself with roids and a terrible attitude to life. He was what he was, it's silly trying to create what ifĀ scenarios for someone who Ultimately didn't get it.

Not to sound like a Warrior apologist, but heĀ got into a business,Ā made his money and got out it again and lived off that money for the rest of his life, all the while supplementing his income with his own merchandise.Ā HeĀ got it.

It was the WWF who came crawling back to him in 96 when they were on their arse/getting spanked by WCWĀ and again in 97 when they lost one of their top stars. He then took a massive paycheque from WCW a year later to do very little. Itā€™s a business, he got that for sure

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 minute ago, Armitage Shanks said:

I still think they would of tried do something with him though. It probably would haveĀ ended up a disaster though.Ā 

Like what? He had the perfect gimmick for his time and did it very well. It was just weird when he returned, though, and no one liked it. He was a one trick pony. A brilliant trick, mind.Ā 

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He got into a business,Ā made his money and got out it again and lived off that money for the rest of his life. HeĀ got it alright

Ā 

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He got into a business,Ā made his money and got out it again and lived off that money for the rest of his life. HeĀ got it alright

Ā 

Just now, Brewster McCloud said:

Like what? He had the perfect gimmick for his time and did it very well. It was just weird when he returned, though, and no one liked it. He was a one trick pony. A brilliant trick, mind.Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That was my point! He never had any appreciation for the love of performing as a wrestler. He totally got the biz side of things, and that's why it's daft speculating about "what might have been" as he was never interested. You can lead a horse to water...

1 minute ago, Brewster McCloud said:

I think they would of tried put him up against Vince? Or maybe have him mentor someone to have "Ultimate Warrior Spirit" - basically him finding someone to put his gimmick on. (Dolph Warrior?)

If he lived long enough he could have got involved in Trips/ Sting in some manner too.Ā