Best and Worst Celebrity Involvement in Wrestling

Brewster McCloud

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd argue David Arquette was one of the best celeb involvements in wrestling. 

1. He knew how stupid it was and wasn't a mark for himself.

2. He did it for a fairly valid reason (a WCW film he starred in)

3. He gave all the money he earned to charity

4. People still talk about it.

• Paid Members

Susan St James at WrestleMania 2 was so fucking dreadful. Best? Loved Elvira. She seemed to get it. Arnie. K-Fed. Bob Barker.

Heard at that All In Q&A that Lemmy hated Jim Johnston's lyrics to The Game, so always changed them when singing it live. Which Double J wasnt best pleased about.

McGregor has to do a match at some point. It'd be a travesty if it didn't happen. If there's anyone who understands the tribal weird carny world of pro wrestling it's him. I'd even redo the Floyd angle mentioned previously. Imagine Conor jumping the barricade and nailing Cena with a roundhouse. 

The no limit soldiers were another one, a bit shit in hindsight but being a suggestive teenager living vicariously through a cocktail of Rap music, late 90's wrestling and South Park I loved it. 

Sorry for the double post (Keith, don't castrate me) but just remembered this one.

Steve-O and Party Boy getting fucking obliterated by Umaga for pissing about. 

Umaga might have been a bit of a noncey rapist but he protected the business that night. 

28 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Surely Karl Malone has got to be a pretty good shout. He took the training serious and turned up on time and didn't make a fool of himself in the ring.

Did a sweet looking Diamond Cutter on Hennig on the outside during the Hogan/Goldberg match on Nitro in the Georgia Dome

• Paid Members

If it had been a one-off at Wrestlemania, the greatest would have to be Ronda. No celebrity has ever had that good of a match and displayed such an aptitude for this business as Ronda did on that night. Her trash-talking, her selling, her facials, her execution, everything was near perfect.

It’s amazing how much great pro-wrestling I’ve seen this year, throwing myself into New Japan and ROH, as well as all the fantastic NXT Takeover matches, and yet Ronda & Kurt vs. Triple H & Stephanie is still potentially my match of the year. I love Johnny Gargano. I love Kenny Omega. I love Tommaso Ciampa. I love Kota Ibushi. I love Seth Rollins. I love the Young Bucks. I love Will Ospreay. I love Naito. I love Okada. However, nothing any of those guys have done this year has had me smiling like a goof the way I was when Ronda started beating up Triple H in that tag match.

Archived