So, The Fuck Is Going On With These Feminist Types?

David

• Paid Members

Apparently Jim Davidson was on Good Morning Britain today to back up Russell Brand's claiming that changing nappies isn't a job for men. 

• 2 weeks later...

There was a discussion on Reddit, after the news of the UK's first successful prosecution for Female Genital Mutilation, about whether "Male Genital Mutilation" should be banned.  By which they meant circumcision.

Now - should it be illegal to cosmetically surgically alter a baby/child?  Yes, absolutely - although good luck in getting that enacted without being accused of antisemitism.

But, and here's where the Men's Rights thing annoys me, is that the whole argument sets up a false equivalence in a classic "but what about men?" way and takes the focus off the appalling treatment of girl babies by certain ethnic demographics.

Circumcision is NOT "Male Genital Mutilation" it's a surgery that is sometimes medically necessary, that is performed on many men around the world and generally doesn't inhibit their quality of life or sex life.  FGM on the other hand is of a completely different order of horrific - dangerous, causing long-term pain and complications, designed specifically to  de-sexualise women.  There is NEVER a good reason to perform it on anyone of any age.

So if you learn about FGM and your first response is "But what about MEN, huh?" then in my book you're a massive cock, no pun intended.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

So if you learn about FGM and your first response is "But what about MEN, huh?" then in my book you're a massive cock, no pun intended.

In all fairness, anyone who comes away with that kind of opinion most likely haven't learned about FGM at all, and are simply going on what they've read in the media.

Archived