So, The Fuck Is Going On With These Feminist Types?

David

That's just a clickbait title really, as I was wanting to ask what the fuck the deal is with this meninist thing? I saw it mentioned in the 'trivial things' thread and having never heard the term before I figured I'd quickly google it.

I don't quite understand it to be honest, but then again I don't buy any newspapers and I don't watch any non-sports television or news whatsoever. If it's not on Amazon Prime, WWE Network, Netflix or UFC FightPass I don't see it.

Is this a growing trend? Are men fighting back against the secret campaigns to turn them into hand-wringing crybabies with no balls and no backbone? Wasn't the whole bearding thing supposed to accomplish that? Real men, beards, checked shirts and all that carry-on? What about brewing your own beer? Isn't that a thing? Quite manly, isn't it? 

Some fucker explain this shit if you can be arsed. Any of you lot a signed-up member of the local meninist chapter? Do you chap doors like religious types? Or wear little badges calling each other "brother so & so" on them?

What's the deal?

35 minutes ago, David said:

That's just a clickbait title really, as I was wanting to ask what the fuck the deal is with this meninist thing? I saw it mentioned in the 'trivial things' thread and having never heard the term before I figured I'd quickly google it.

I don't quite understand it to be honest, but then again I don't buy any newspapers and I don't watch any non-sports television or news whatsoever. If it's not on Amazon Prime, WWE Network, Netflix or UFC FightPass I don't see it.

Is this a growing trend? Are men fighting back against the secret campaigns to turn them into hand-wringing crybabies with no balls and no backbone? Wasn't the whole bearding thing supposed to accomplish that? Real men, beards, checked shirts and all that carry-on? What about brewing your own beer? Isn't that a thing? Quite manly, isn't it? 

Some fucker explain this shit if you can be arsed. Any of you lot a signed-up member of the local meninist chapter? Do you chap doors like religious types? Or wear little badges calling each other "brother so & so" on them?

What's the deal?

Everyone I know who could be described with that sentence is lefty as fuck and really shies away from toxic masculinity, so if the original intent was to be a manly man it's bloody well failed.

• Paid Members

"Meninists", or Men's Rights Activists, in my experience have little to no ideology of their own. It's just an excuse to rag on feminists, and women in general.

I don't think I've ever seen them genuinely campaign for male issues, or suggest any viable change or coherent ideas - everything they do is just a reactionary response to feminist concerns. 

A woman will publish an article about oppression of women, and they'll respond with stats about male suicide rates, or how men are more oppressed because they (generally) work the more dangerous jobs, are historically more likely to have been called up for military service, and so on. But it's only ever an attempt at a "gotcha" to feminists, they're doing nothing to raise awareness of, or to alleviate, the problems they're pretending to care about.

There's plenty of crossover with the pick-up artist type, probably with the "manly man" types, and with "Incels" and what-have-you. All just different excuses to rationalise their hatred of women, and to blame the world for their own failings.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Everyone I know who could be described with that sentence is lefty as fuck and really shies away from toxic masculinity, so if the original intent was to be a manly man it's bloody well failed.

I always assumed that a "manly man" was someone who objected to toxic masculinity though, no? 

Toxic masculinity, generally, is the term leveled at the manly mans from your loony left/Tumblr/snowflake substrata. Their words, not mine. It doesn't tend to get used the other way. The derisory equivalent the menly mans would use would be beta male/soy drinker/cuck etc. 

My current favorite alt-right term is 'red pilled', solely because it is derived from a movie in which a black prophet and action woman awaken the mind of a white man to how his life is being subjugated. Written and directed by two transgender siblings.   

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

"Meninists", or Men's Rights Activists, in my experience have little to no ideology of their own. It's just an excuse to rag on feminists, and women in general.

I don't think I've ever seen them genuinely campaign for male issues, or suggest any viable change or coherent ideas - everything they do is just a reactionary response to feminist concerns. 

A woman will publish an article about oppression of women, and they'll respond with stats about male suicide rates, or how men are more oppressed because they (generally) work the more dangerous jobs, are historically more likely to have been called up for military service, and so on. But it's only ever an attempt at a "gotcha" to feminists, they're doing nothing to raise awareness of, or to alleviate, the problems they're pretending to care about.

There's plenty of crossover with the pick-up artist type, probably with the "manly man" types, and with "Incels" and what-have-you. All just different excuses to rationalise their hatred of women, and to blame the world for their own failings.

Exactly this.

Y'know how, whenever discussion comes up about women being raped, and the way men are raised to view women contributes to this? And y'know how, almost immediately, MRAs show up and one of the first things they whine about is "well, men get raped too, why aren't you talking about that?"

There might have been an argument that they genuinely believed that - until Anthony Rapp came out about being sexually assaulted by Kevin Spacey, and what happened then? He got abuse for getting House Of Cards cancelled, and there was not a single peep out of any of those cunts, demonstrating, quite clearly, that their protestations about male rape were only ever about silencing feminists, and not because they actually cared about victims of rape across the board.

EDIT: As an addendum to @Gay as FOOK's post - one of the other amusing habits of MRAs is their tendency to use Fight Club as reference material, seemingly completely oblivious to the fact it was written by a gay man as a satire on traditionalist attitudes about masculinity.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

My current favorite alt-right term is 'red pilled', solely because it is derived from a movie in which a black prophet and action woman awaken the mind of a white man to how his life is being subjugated. Written and directed by two transgender siblings.   

Hahaha, years ago I encountered a poster on the grot forum whose whole avatar, sig combo, login and posting agenda was about The Red Pill, not "putting the pussy on a pedestal" and all this other jazz. Really not convincing "woke" smokescreen for rampant misogyny.

Thankfully he managed to piss off one of the models and I "had to" ban him. Shame.

Thing is, these douchebags who treat women like dirt, drink cheap beer, go to EDL rallies and wear Brylcreem in their hair are the very reprobates who are showing all your wives and girlfriends a good time while you're at home cooking them a vegan meal from your new overpriced cookbook you bought from Waterstones while listening to an obscure Japanese female wrestling podcast.

You think they're "working late" but the truth is there's only one miserable soul getting worked.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, David said:

while you're at home cooking them a vegan meal from your new overpriced cookbook you bought from Waterstones while listening to an obscure Japanese female wrestling podcast.

I mean, I did well to land someone tolerating my podcasts but vegan? How did that survive the first date?

• 2 months later...

Archived