Stuff you've got in your house

gmoney

• Paid Members

I've got a little horror collection that is usually on display up in the bedroom, but we're having a load of work done at the minute so I've boxed it up to save it from being ruined. It's got a shot load on figures by NECA and their contemporaries, a couple of signed Jason and Micheal Myers masks and a few more replica props. There is a collection of just short of 100 horror themes 8x10 photographs too, but I've no idea the best way to display those. 

I've also just had 2 original movie posters framed too for the living room. There is an Exorcist one that was hung in the Barnsley Odeon during the films original run, signed by Linda Blair, and a Friday the 13th one from it's original cinema run that is signed by the first Jason, Ari Lehmann. Again, were going to wait until all the work in the house has been done until we hang them though.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My other half can't stand them either, but I've wanted one for the longest time. Working towards my long term aim of having a library room with my books, a drinks globe and a leather reclining chair to read in. 

Getting it back to the car was fun. Hat on, head down, attempting to avoid explaining to work colleagues why I was walking around town at 12:30 on a Monday rolling a drinks globe along the pavement. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

attempting to avoid explaining to work colleagues why I was walking around town at 12:30 on a Monday rolling a drinks globe along the pavement. 

Because if you were rolling it along the pavement at 9:30 at night, it'd be too late when you got home to properly enjoy it.

My dream/lottery winnings house always has a library with a globe such as that in. It adds a touch of sophistication to balance out the Garfield books and Viz annuals.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I need a bit of help in locating whoever makes these lovely things;

47571209_510697232745220_6785200101703811072_n.thumb.jpg.ff59ac6af7b4bd77d6dbb9d58519030a.jpg

47377695_1941107036191538_4242164353882652672_n.thumb.jpg.4f27dc956c0e6a94c9b8f370ec9e1811.jpg

We bought them from a stall at Birmingham Comic Con earlier this year but they weren't at the last one and we can't remember the name of the stall. They're made of tin or some other thin metal. The top three are around A5 sized and the bottom one is around A4. Any clues or ideas on who would make/sell these?

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, chokeout said:

@Accident Prone https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/blue.art.signs?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 this seller on ebay has the Bowie one and a variation on the Elvis so possibly them? 

Don't think it's the right guys but a cracking find, never the less! Cheers fella, much appreciated!

EDIT: Found the buggers! Thanks again @chokeoutfor pointing me in the right direction. My Googling skills are shite these days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/camdenretrosigns

Archived