Stuff you've got in your house

gmoney

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's class.

I've got nothing up on my walls at the moment, as the landlord's not particularly keen on the idea, though I'm planning on getting some stuff framed and hung up on some stick-on wall hooks. Chiefly, I've got a huge poster of "Escape From The Bronx", the '80s Italian Escape From New York knock-off that I've been meaning to get framed and hung up in the living room.

Otherwise it's mostly wrestling and other tat I've accumulated over the years. I've got five full-size bookcases across two rooms, and a couple of smaller ones, and aside from being crammed full of books, DVDs etc, they've got the odd toy or trinket on them. 

In the corner of my living room I've got a little set of shelves just for wrestling DVDs and books, and on top of that I've got a couple of styrofoam heads, one in a Great Sasuke mask, one in a Soldier Ant mask, along with a framed portrait of Randy Savage. My other bookcase in the living room has a framed photo of David Bowie on top of it.

20184886_249580918878713_889237128115283

(There's been additional bits added since then - more trading cards, couple of Funkos, and an awful talking Sheamus plushie, amongst other bits)

In the kitchen I have one non-functioning cupboard door - really no idea why it's there - so I've put an old CIWW poster on there, for the Summer run when we booked Tatanka and Ophidian about three years back.

Bedroom has a bunch of posters and photos stuck to the wardrobe doors - a few signed wrestling 8x10s, posters from shows etc., a production photo from Withnail & I, a Monkey Island poster, a King Ghidorah poster, and just some other bits and bobs I liked the look of. Just to try and give a bit of character to the place.

• Paid Members

Books and impressionist art for me, Clive.

Pride of place is currently a copy of Camille Pissaro's Rhododendrons, which I fell in love with after seeing it at Tate Britain earlier in the year.

Image result for sisley kew gardens

Also got quite a few old maps and building schematics framed around the place. Can usually pick them up very cheap from flea markets and antique shops and I think they are both fascinating and beautiful.

I have a huge canvas print of The Amazing Spider-Man #100 (from the original run of the series when comics were priced at 15 cents), featuring Spidey on a chalk outline image of his allies and enemies,  that hangs above my bed, lenticular box frames of Spidey and Batman and Robin on the side wall, bobble head statues of Doc Ock, Venom and Mr Stay Puft on one bookshelf and on the one above that, more poignantly, a framed picture of my sadly missed dad

• Moderators

We have a fair few pieces around the house. I think this is my firm favourite:

20181018_115711.thumb.jpg.f8d36392b79dfb4da48cab5b6b749e78.jpg

We bought a few paintings when we went to Myanmar. There are so many incredibly talented artists there and the work is so much more affordable than anywhere else I've been. This dude I bought in Kenya always makes me smile, too. I like to pick up stuff whether small or big when on holiday as then whatever it is has those memories attached as well..

20181018_120231.thumb.jpg.f1f623e93512fff77acc41a862d5a047.jpg

• Paid Members

How do you get this stuff back? I’ve passed on picking up quite a few things on my travels as I had no idea how I’d get them home. 

We travelled round Morocco earlier this year and it was a complete treasure trove of handcrafted stuff that I’d have loved to buy, but there was no way it was making it back in one piece in my backpack.

Archived