Your Daily Commute

Gus Mears

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

10-15 minute walk to train station, 1 hour on the train, 10 minute drive.

I hate being at the whim and mercy of the trains. I’m keeping track of the various delays, issues and cancellations just so I can quantity how much of my life I’m losing to their shitness. Every night last week was at least half an hour delayed, with the worst one adding an extra hour and a half to my journey.

• Paid Members

Might as well post about my near miss during my commute today. I was travelling downhill and a car pulled out on me from the central reservation. When I say there was about 20 meters between myself and the opening, I'm probably exaggerating. Not only did the fucker pull out on very close, fast-moving vehicle, he stayed in my fucking lane whilst he pulled off. I hit the the emergency breaks and I came within inches of smashing into the car. Real squeaky bum moment and, whats adds a level eeriness, is that it's the same way I crashed my old car last year...at the exact same time, in the exact same month, only 4 days to the day. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Stuck opposite the Bucket family on the way back from Paddington. The woman looks like she's been sprayed with Ronseal. The husband is wearing a mustard yellow shirt and has had his testicles stored in his wife's handbag for several decades. She's reading the Mail and commenting on it loudly, 'isn't it terrible, Richard?', presumably at the news that 3 billion Romanian's have entered the country since March. The first thing they did on boarding the train was get the person sitting in their seat to move 'because we have reservations', even though GWR haven't bothered putting them out on this service and the train is half empty. 

• Paid Members

I am quite lucky at the moment as I work from home nearly everyday. My actual office is in Edgware Road, London and takes about 1hr 30 all in because of the tube. Its not too bad, but the price an annual ticket would have cost where I live is ridiculous for the service I get (Just over £4k, maybe more as not looked recently)

Walking down Charing Cross Road about an hour ago, just by that theatre before you get to the war memorial. I looked up and saw a big, naked bottom with the person in question doubled over. I was staring at it for about 5 seconds before I realised that yes, it's a big naked bottom just there on the pavement as I'm walking to the station. And then the urination began. Lovely stuff. 

Archived