Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, but this is the final furlong, isn't it? This is a fight he claimed he wasn't fit enough to take when the name being touted was Miocic, but now the name is Lewis it's suddenly possible. He thinks he can beat this guy with an injured hand and not much of a camp.

Personally, I hope he gets knocked out cold and Lewis gets the Brock fight and all the money that goes with it.

• Paid Members

If it ends up as Weidman vs Jacare I won't be a bit disappointed with the Rockhold pullout. That's a fight I've wanted to see since Weidman was champion. Really interesting matchup. 

But it is shit. Losing Rockhold still has a knock-on effect and just further weakens the rest of the card overall. Even if we get Weidman vs Jacare, what happens to David Branch now? I was also looking forward to Jacare vs Branch. 

This card was just never meant to be, was it? This always seems to happen when they piss about with a card as well. Like in the past they had that PPV that was supposed to be headlined by Dillashaw vs Barao 2 and they put a fucking awful undercard on it. It was almost a Fight Pass worthy card but they were charging PPV. There were a few injury pullouts and then Barao nearly died making weight and they nearly had to scrap the whole show because beyond that fight it was piss weak. They ended up 'saving' it by having to take Joe Soto off Fight Pass and sticking him in the main event against TJ and the whole card - PPV and prelims - ended up as just 8 fights. Ended up doing 125K buys on PPV. Think there's been a couple of other cases of cards like that as well. When they half-arsed it or put together a shite lineup and it ended up imploding. It's like it's karma. It always seems to be these weaker cards it happens with because they don't stack the undercard strong enough for the card to survive and withstand a big name pullout. 

This isn't exactly the same thing of course. This was always a pretty deep card. But this card being one of those 'doomed' ones does kind of serve them right, IMO, with how they fucked about with the main event situation. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, David said:

Aye, but this is the final furlong, isn't it? This is a fight he claimed he wasn't fit enough to take when the name being touted was Miocic, but now the name is Lewis it's suddenly possible. He thinks he can beat this guy with an injured hand and not much of a camp.

He weighed it up. There are other factors involved in this. One being the UFC gave him a silly offer and Lewis is coming off a hard victory over a dude that was beating him so bad his balls turned into a volcano. 

Again, DC was very dismissive of No Time (more so than Lewis), but he killed him. 

Christ, even when he twatted Stipe he couldn't train for weeks because his back was messed up.

Again, if you check his IG out you'll see a bloke that is clearly not taking anything for granted. If he was going full Rocky in 3, he'd have done that WWE tryout.

1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

He weighed it up. There are other factors involved in this. One being the UFC gave him a silly offer and Lewis is coming off a hard victory over a dude that was beating him so bad his balls turned into a volcano. 

Again, DC was very dismissive of No Time (more so than Lewis), but he killed him. 

Christ, even when he twatted Stipe he couldn't train for weeks because his back was messed up.

Again, if you check his IG out you'll see a bloke that is clearly not taking anything for granted. If he was going full Rocky in 3, he'd have done that WWE tryout.

Fuck IG, I don't even have an account. I want to see more of this come the end of the fight....

5TJ8svy_zpsi22tyuhj.gif

• Paid Members

Weidman vs Jacare is confirmed as the new co-main. And David Branch is staying on the card against Jared Cannonier. Says MMAJunkie, MMAFighting and all the usual places. 

Glad Branch kept his spot on the card. Happy with Weidman vs Jacare as well. I actually prefer that to the Rockhold rematch. 

• Paid Members

Triple posting, mofo!

Anyway, fight week.

Lewis looks like he's working his arse off for this. He's looking quite trim.

Still not buying that DC is taking Lewis lightly at all, which will no doubt get whipped out should he lose. DC is grinding hard in the gym.

The more this is dragging on, the more I'm desperate to see Lewis win. I really love DC, but Lewis' wife deserves to get shagged while Lewis has the belt on.

Archived