Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, weevil said:

Apart from Schevchenko can you name five current flyweights that Eubanks could beat to show you that shes a top flyweight? 

Probably not without pissing about on Sherdog Fight Finder or whatever, going through every female flyweight fighters records with a fine toothcomb, cross referencing and MMA mathing the fuck out of them, which is flawed logic anyway. I'm not as arsed about it as you clearly are. Are you Sijara Eubanks? Is that it? 

Seriously, I don't know what the issue is here. I've said I'm not convinced on Eubanks yet. That's it. If she'd fought Shevchenko and done well, even in defeat, I'd have been on board that she's top level. If she starts Goldberging her way through these flyweights, cool, I'll just be happy we've got another top contender to talk about. Because that division needs them. Looking at the flyweight division now on UFC's site, sure, maybe Eubanks beats a fair chunk of them. But my original point was that I had doubts she'd make the splash our Noah was saying she might back when she was announced for TUF. Based on her losing nearly half her pro fights. Whether she's better than that record suggests or the fighters who beat her are underrated or whatever, the fact is she's already been handed an L twice. That kind of suggests she's not perfect and is as susceptible to defeat as anyone. You can break it down any way you want. I never said she was shit or even that Murphy or whoever were shit. Just that I don't think Eubanks is some world beater. She might go on a good run in the division, because the division isn't that strong - or is it? Maybe you'll tell me that these are actually all female Khabib's in disguise and I'm wildly underestimating them as well? She might do good. But I feel like there'll always be a 3 or 4 better fighters keeping her out of that title mix. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. 

God I'm boring myself with this. Can we get back to talking about Derrick Lewis' sweaty balls now? 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper, DC should walk though Lewis. He's a much better fighter than him. However, the beauty of the heavyweight division is that the underdog usually has a decent chance. The same can hold true for other divisions, but it applies much more often at heavyweight. It only takes one opportune haymaker or combination to turn a fight on its head.  It adds a bit of intrigue and anticipation to what is a mismatch on paper. I still want DC to win though.

I'm on the fence with Rockhold and Weidman. For years I felt that Rockhold was the best 185lb fighter in the worlds and maybe the best head to head middleweight of all-time. But he gets clipped for too often, as we saw in his fights with Branch, Bisping and Romero. Weidman is very vulnerable as well. Romero, Rockhold, Mousasi and Kelvin were all able to buzz him. Part of their frailties is admittedly because 185lbs is a stacked division. Also, Romero could probably knockout an elephant. Regardless, I think their rematch could go either way. I want Rockhold to move to 205lbs and I wouldn't mind if Weidman became middleweight champion again (it would make a nice story). Thus I hope Weidman gets the job done. 

I haven't been reading the news much this week, so I will presume Nate Diaz is off the card? It's a shame. Because with the addition of him and Peahead; this would have been a monster of a show. Still, as it stands, it is still worth waking up early for. 

• Paid Members

I dont think the issue with Eubanks was ever that she didnt deserve the title shot, i dont think anyone really cares about who fights who there at the moment, there's literally no division. The issue was always that the UFC had the nerve to tell people that was a fight worthy of people paying $100 for on PPV.

1 hour ago, Guy Bifkin said:

What is the more fun fight at heavyweight - Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Cormier or Brock Lesnar vs Derrick Lewis? I think we all know the answer...

Sable would get her legs thrown behind her head by Big sweaty balls Choc Lesnar.

• Paid Members

I think the omens point towards the people's choice.

Bro(ck Le)snar

Derri(ck Le)wis

It's all there for you to see, people. You just need to open your eyes.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is that a good thing though?

Depends on how you wanna look at it. That blink-and-you'll-miss-it factor is definitely a huge part of the appeal of the division.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Depends on how you wanna look at it. That blink-and-you'll-miss-it factor is definitely a huge part of the appeal of the division.

For entertainment, it's great. I meant the whole you don't have to be the best to be top of the pile in regards to sporting competition.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, i fully get that. Thats why i said its probably the only sport where you can get to top in one on one competition without having to be the most techincally gifted or skilled. You just need to be able to hit people really hard. Boxing has it too but nowhere to the level of MMA.

• Paid Members

Probably not. But it always goes back to that argument that a fairly large chunk of the MMA people are just drawn to the violence of it all so they wont care, and that aint ever gonna change.

Archived