WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

I believe its 2 shows a year for 10 years but could be wrong. I would imagine they would not want to piss the Saudi's off by publicly slating them and clearly they will not do anything that is against their wishes and will cater to every mad whim the Prince wants that they are capable of delivering. 

'Shit they want Yokozuna.'
'He's dead'
'Fuck it, get another big sumo guy, they'll never know'

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're fucked whatever they decide to do with this now. If they postpone, or cancel, which is probably likely now, theres massive legal connotations with the Saudis and probably with the likes of Taker, Lesnar and Michaels who have been promised millions of dollars for their nights work. Carrying on with it is looking like it will be a complete PR disaster.

9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, won't make a blind bit of difference, sadly. 

Donald Trump's response was completely (predictably) wrong-headed on just about every level - a man clearly out of his depth, having no idea how to deal with such a delicate situation, yet still managed to all but say that he sells too many weapons to Saudi Arabia to make a fuss, and that the journalist murdered wasn't important because he wasn't a US citizen.

Meanwhile, you've got Jeremy Hunt talking about how the UK and Saudi Arabia's "friendship" is built on "shared values". 

There's no fucker in a position that counts who's remotely prepared to say a bad word about them, it's infuriating.

You forgot to mention you were a worker, brother

9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, won't make a blind bit of difference, sadly. 

Donald Trump's response was completely (predictably) wrong-headed on just about every level - a man clearly out of his depth, having no idea how to deal with such a delicate situation, yet still managed to all but say that he sells too many weapons to Saudi Arabia to make a fuss, and that the journalist murdered wasn't important because he wasn't a US citizen.

Meanwhile, you've got Jeremy Hunt talking about how the UK and Saudi Arabia's "friendship" is built on "shared values". 

There's no fucker in a position that counts who's remotely prepared to say a bad word about them, it's infuriating.

Double post as usual

• Paid Members

They should cancel the shows but I don't think they will. This is Vince McMahon we're talking about, remember? Some senators saying they maybe, probably they should think again about running the show isn't enough for Vince to give up tens of millions of dollars and he's never been one to react how most right thinking people would react when outside influences are buffeting his business. I reckon the show still happens.

Things would get quite interesting if some of the talent refuse to travel.

Would be pretty big deal if Reigns says "I ain't going"

Of course it's highly unlikely to happen as it would be career suicide but if there was a strong enough feeling between some of the real top talent (If someone like Tyler Breeze refused to travel it wouldn't even cause a ripple with Vince) and a handfull refuse to travel it would be amazing just to see what on earth Vince would do with his hand forced.

That's incredibly unlikely. Triple H is on the board, Shawn wouldn't risk his cushy little number. Cena likewise is like a stick of rock, WWE all the way through. The only one who might is Kane, purely from a political aspect, if enough bad press is targeted at a mayor tacitly condoning by association (not like he couldn't afford $100k if they have to give it back). I guess there's a chance we could see them "work to rule" - ie work it like a house show, not put full effort in.

Should some of the talent refuse to travel, we will just see DX v Taker handicap Iron (Oil) man match with all the smoke and mirrors you could imagine

4 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

That's incredibly unlikely. Triple H is on the board, Shawn wouldn't risk his cushy little number. Cena likewise is like a stick of rock, WWE all the way through. The only one who might is Kane, purely from a political aspect, if enough bad press is targeted at a mayor tacitly condoning by association (not like he couldn't afford $100k if they have to give it back). I guess there's a chance we could see them "work to rule" - ie work it like a house show, not put full effort in.

Should some of the talent refuse to travel, we will just see DX v Taker handicap Iron (Oil) man match with all the smoke and mirrors you could imagine

Baron Corbin could pull off a passable wigged/masked Kane, I guess. No worse than the sumo guy as Yoko anyway.

If they do end up cancelling it, it will be interesting to see how they back out of the matches as theres no way Vince would pay Michaels the amount he'd be getting for the Saudi show to do the match at the next PPV.

Knowing WWE creative, they'll just forget about it and pretend it never happened.

I have seen mentions of Linda being part of Trumps cabinet and the affiliation to Vince and the bad PR etc.

It is a tricky situation. WWE will costs themselves likely hundreds of millions if they break the deal and it's not like they've not had bad PR in the past and weathered the storm. 

Interesting situation.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I have seen mentions of Linda being part of Trumps cabinet and the affiliation to Vince and the bad PR etc.

Worse PR than affiliation with Trump? What a world we live in.

I suspect WWE's attitude to this will be that the bad PR will disappear quicker than the impact of losing out on all that oil money.

A massive shame, but to be honest I've been against the Saudi deal from the beginning. Anybody that knows anything about Saudi Arabia knows that this murder isn't even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia.

Archived