Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members

Scene setting "intros" on albums. Almost always a complete was of time. Even one of the greatest albums of all time (Deltron 3030) has got a minute of utterly pointless mood, made worse by some spoken word from Damon Albarn. Oh you've made your producer record 30 seconds of waves crashing and stuck in on the front of your album? I'll enjoy it 20% more now. FUCK OFF MATE. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Are you the keymaster?

giphy.webp

Edit : unless it was just literally a reason to make the Ghostbusters reference. Which is perfectly acceptable.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

I work shifts, including weekends, so "Happy Friday!" is an email trope that particularly winds me up. 

Speaking of noisy eaters, it's not something I usually notice, but there's a bloke a work who sounds like a horse when he eats, and it's absolutely disgusting. 

• Paid Members

My higher ups at work do both the Happy Friday and 'Hi XX, I hope you're well?' spiel. Depressingly, a lot of our emails are templated as we do mass sendouts, though it's funny to see that sometimes they haven't filled out the full template and haven't double-checked before they sent, before then copying and pasting and sending it round elsewhere. 

Not sure if this is a trivial one or whether this is a full-on gripe, but had an issue with some tickets for something on Friday due to circumstances changing we tried to move them back a couple of months. The theatre told me to call an alternative provider, who it turns out are owned by Ticketmaster so I had to go through them. No help whatsoever. Was told I'd get a call back - never came. So call centre twats, basically. Though for every call centre twat, there's also a call centre angel - the Trainline for instance have lots of really helpful people who have gotten me out of many a jiffy trying to rectify shoddy work bookings. My bank have always been class to deal with on the phone as well. 

EDIT - Just remembered that a month ago one of our managers sent a Whatsapp that actually read 'Fappy Friday' by mistake. Lucky it was i a closed group and not an email! Anyway we now have different days of a similar theme, so Tossing Tuesday, Wanking Wednesday, etc. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I do the hope you're well or had a nice weekend (on a Monday) or hope you have a good weekend (on a Friday) but that's for emails to external people - clients, prospects, suppliers etc. Mainly because it seems rude for me to just go, "Hello, I need you to do X..." But I only do it for the first email I'm sending that week, subsequent emails are just hello and on with whatever I need from them.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Pig? What is the relevance of the pig?

Also, I'm putting you on ignore - once I understand the pig reference.

You're crap at being Irish if you don't mate. I could go on the foreign births register and choose not to as I dont feel Irish, but even I know the Pig Ireland connection.

I'll throw you a bone. What meat is eaten a shit load of in Ireland since forever and is a massive part of a jumbo breakfast roll?

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

I think "Hi, hope you're well" is perfectly acceptable as long as you don't have a question mark at the end. Then you're just stating it as an assumption so you don't have to ask a question you don't want an answer to, but it bridges the impoliteness gap that Spurs mentions. It's actually a really useful turn of phrase for that reason, as long as it isn't phrased as a question.