Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

46 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

We have two hand dryers in the toilets in work, one of them is one of those Dyson ones that dries your hands in 3 seconds, and the other may as well be Graham on reception blowing on your hands.

It absolutely drives me up the wall when people choose to use the rubbish one over the Dyson one. This really shouldn’t annoy me as much as it does, but I just can’t think of any logical reason why you’d pick the crap one.

Are people scared to stick their hands in those Dyson ones? 

Or if they're not liking having to work, a slow dryer can delay having to do any for a couple of minutes?

41 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

Asswipes that sign emails off with 'Best'. Best what? Don't be so arrogant and lazy, send regards or wishes. 

I wish I could burn anybody who sends this shite in an email. 

How is "Regards," any better or worse than "Best"? It's short for best wishes, as you should well know. 

Try not to burn anyone, mate.

Best regards,

Brew

10 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

How is "Regards," any better or worse than "Best"? It's short for best wishes, as you should well know. 

Try not to burn anyone, mate.

Best regards,

Brew

Because you can use regards on its own but best doesn't work. 

I thought this thread was the trivial things... 

Oh I'm sorry I thought it was America.

Edited by Wideload90

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, simonworden said:

You've obviously missed the point that the electronics thing is not in the UK, unless you have a in-depth understanding of South East Asian electronics stores, economics and psychology, take my word for it mate. It's fucking annoying!

I can somewhat vouch for this as when I was in SE Asia, I picked up a few cheap smartphones (although these were barely smartphones, just running the most terrible build of Android I've ever seen) and for some reason no sales person could comprehend that I didn't them to set the phones up for me. I just wanted to buy a few phones, in a far off land, not registered to my name, paid for in cash and that I'd grab some sim cards for them when I got home. Oh, no, I had to leave with them having installed all kinds of janky shit on them that I then later had to wipe completely.

Another one, people who insist on holding your phone when you show them a picture which they can totally see 12 inches from their face. They do not need to hold your phone to see the image and I want to slap hands of people who reach out to grab it. I am holding the phone for you to look at. It is not an invitation to hold my mobile telephone device.

(Disclaimer - this is the trivial things thread - I know people want a better view of the picture.)

One that is guaranteed to get me going is having to shorten my stride mid step.  Like you're walking at your normal stride and someone slows down in front of you and you have to moderate your stride for a few seconds.  Jesus, that really annoys me for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One that is guaranteed to get me going is having to shorten my stride mid step.  Like you're walking at your normal stride and someone slows down in front of you and you have to moderate your stride for a few seconds.  Jesus, that really annoys me for some reason.

It's made even worse when you realise that they haven't slowed down for any other reason than to fuck about on their phone!