Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The fact that that is a tv show at all is so fucking dumb, you can't really be mad at the contestants for not being too bright.

Thing is, though, the trivia/quiz portion of it is quite good, it's not entirely based on luck.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Thing is, though, the trivia/quiz portion of it is quite good, it's not entirely based on luck.

You could say that about any trivia show, really. The selling point is the gimmick, and in this case it's jaw-droppingly shit. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

You could say that about any trivia show, really. The selling point is the gimmick, and in this case it's jaw-droppingly shit. 

True, the fact that the best quiz players will often lose out to idiots is one of its more annoying aspects. I mainly stick to Eggheads and The Chase now for viewing.

I've applied for Tipping Point, though. There is a potential game plan for a quizzer to do well in it.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Please tell us you still have your delightful shirt from the chase. 

Much to @Keith Houchen's disappointment, no. I went on holiday with some mates a few years ago, one of whom took it from my bag while I was out, ripped some holes in the back, stuck his cock through them, and filmed it, showing me the video only after I'd put it on, not noticing the holes.

People who scoff at your choice of milk. Now, I don't drink tea (shoot me) or milk but Mrs Wideload is one of those "Red milk is good for me and I've gotten used to the taste of it" so we have it in. The children consume vast quantities of blue milk and so that's the choice of white liquid on the house.

The amount of times people look aghast when you say "We don't have green milk in" irritates me. I get that people have preference but I refuse to pay out for green milk on the off chance of guests. This has only just started to annoy as we've had an abundance of guests who have come to fawn at the baby. 

And another thing: people who badger you incessantly to see the baby, only to bugger off back into obscurity. Wish they wouldn't bother...

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

People who scoff at your choice of milk. Now, I don't drink tea (shoot me) or milk but Mrs Wideload is one of those "Red milk is good for me and I've gotten used to the taste of it" so we have it in. The children consume vast quantities of blue milk and so that's the choice of white liquid on the house.

The amount of times people look aghast when you say "We don't have green milk in" irritates me. I get that people have preference but I refuse to pay out for green milk on the off chance of guests. This has only just started to annoy as we've had an abundance of guests who have come to fawn at the baby. 

And another thing: people who badger you incessantly to see the baby, only to bugger off back into obscurity. Wish they wouldn't bother...

I'm assuming by the colours you mean the bottle tops, in which case, I have to ask: what's the blue top? Never seen that. I know red-top is whole milk, red-and-silver is semi-skimmed, silver is full cream, and gold is full-fat, full-cream Jersey milk. I don't know what green-top is now, but back when I was a kid, it meant fresh, raw milk straight from the dairy, which I only ever saw around Yorkshire, and obviously isn't allowed any more.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'm assuming by the colours you mean the bottle tops, in which case, I have to ask: what's the blue top? Never seen that. I know red-top is whole milk, red-and-silver is semi-skimmed, silver is full cream, and gold is full-fat, full-cream Jersey milk. I don't know what green-top is now, but back when I was a kid, it meant fresh, raw milk straight from the dairy, which I only ever saw around Yorkshire, and obviously isn't allowed any more.

Where do you get your milk from, or do you not use milk? I can't fathom how your milk top knowledge seems to be about thirty years out of date.

Anyway. Red is skimmed, green is semi, blue is whole. Now you know.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Have you been shopping at any point in the last 30 years? 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Where do you get your milk from, or do you not use milk? I can't fathom how your milk top knowledge seems to be about thirty years out of date.

Anyway. Red is skimmed, green is semi, blue is whole. Now you know.

It would appear we've been at cross-purposes. I thought he was referring specifically to milk delivered by the milkman. We've been getting semi-skimmed for years, and the bottle-top is red-and-silver.

EDIT: And yes, I do buy from the supermarket. But I've just gotten used to a mental habit whereby whenever people refer to the bottle-tops, they're referring to milk delivered to the door, and when they're talking about supermarket-bought milk, they just refer to them by type, i.e. skimmed, semi-skimmed, whole, etc.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It would appear we've been at cross-purposes. I thought he was referring specifically to milk delivered by the milkman. We've been getting semi-skimmed for years, and the bottle-top is red-and-silver.

This is a gloriously middle class sentence. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Gus Mears said:

This is a gloriously middle class sentence. 

Is milk delivered by the milkman a particularly middle-class thing? We've just always had a milkman because we've been at the same house since 1980, and we're a biggish family, so it's cheaper to order from them.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Is milk delivered by the milkman a particularly middle-class thing? We've just always had a milkman because we've been at the same house since 1980, and we're a biggish family, so it's cheaper to order from them.

Definitely is round here. I don't think they even bother delivering on the estate I currently live on and it's not that bad. 

Edited by Gus Mears