Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

People who rush into and overcrowd lifts. There'll be another one along in a minute, Speedy Gonzalez. I resent having to stand wedged in like a battery hen with my hands thrust into my pockets lest they brush against a stranger. In fact, I loathe lifts in general. Escalators are far more serene. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

• Paid Members
On 10/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, Armitage Shanks said:

Smug smart arses who think they're big and clever by pin pointing slight grammar mistakes on a wrestling forum. 

Why are some people so happy to go through life being so fucking stupid? You see this all the time. And, yes, I'm sure there are people out there who need to make themselves feel better by pointing out that they know the meaning of their, there and they're and you don't but you know what? You don't and you should. So instead of crying about it, why not just take the opportunity to learn something? One day you might write a CV, a job application, a business plan, a script for a Brookside reboot, a funding application or something else important and you won't write "should of" and look like you're thick as fuck.

6 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

People at work who make a shit cup of tea.

@Briefcase might be onto something with his skipping tea runs...

There's a new lad in my office who makes a shite tea. I nearly fell asleep after one as it was like warm milk. I asked him to leave the bag in going forward and said it was because I'm a weirdo rather than tell him his tea is as weak as lamb piss. He makes a cracking coffee though so it all balances out I guess.

• Paid Members

The way some people drop their coins into the machine on Tipping Point. I was watching an episode the other week and there was this woman who was timing it so badly that she was dropping on top of the coins on the upper level.  Surely everyone learnt to do this at a young age on the machines in Skeggy? 

Really shocked myself with how wound up I was getting watching it. That show is worth watching alone just to see Ben Shepherd's barely disguised hatred for some of the contestants he's got on.

Pic attached for anyone not familiar with the show 

400px-Tipping_point_shelves.jpg

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Wretch said:

The way some people drop their coins into the machine on Tipping Point. I was watching an episode the other week and there was this woman who was timing it so badly that she was dropping on top of the coins on the upper level.  Surely everyone learnt to do this at a young age on the machines in Skeggy? 

Really shocked myself with how wound up I was getting watching it. That show is worth watching alone just to see Ben Shepherd's barely disguised hatred for some of the contestants he's got on.

Pic attached for anyone not familiar with the show 

400px-Tipping_point_shelves.jpg

I know! You'd think people would watch the fucking programme and figure out optimal timing, wouldn't you? Just a bit before the upper shelf pulls completely in, for god's sake. And in the final round, put the bonus counter in either 1 or 4, because then you've got the walls preventing too much random movement.

• Paid Members
On 10/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, Armitage Shanks said:

Smug smart arses who think they're big and clever by pin pointing slight grammar mistakes on a wrestling forum. 

Given how useful smartphones are now when it comes to spelling and grammar, there is really no excuse, in 2018, to be making these mistakes.

tenor.gif