Headphones recommendations?

King Pitcos

I'm moving into a new house share, and I don't want to disturb others there if I'm gaming or watching films late at night. So I'm after some decent headphones.

Criteria:

Wireless (with a removable wired option would be great)

Works with PS4, Xbox One, Smart TVs, and iPhone 6s Plus.

Ideally noise cancelling.

Less than £300.

I'm thinking of going with the Sony WF-1000X, but lots of reports on the right bud dropping out all the time, and audio being out of sync on Netflix and YouTube etc.

Help, please.

• Moderators

From what I have read (and it may be a little out of date now), noise canceling on ear buds just doesn't come close to matching headphones.

I have tried a few sets of noise canceling wireless headphones. The noise canceling on the Bose ones is easily the best; they are unparalleled in that area.

However, I ended up getting the Sennheiser ones because they are still decent, a lot cheaper and although the noise canceling isn't as good I thought the sound quality for music was better. BT450 I think is the model number..? Or something close to that anyway.. I don't have them with me right now.

Edit: both the bose and the Sennheiser have the option to be wired. Which I have never used because the reason I bought Bluetooth headphones is because the headphone jack on my phone broke. But from what I understand they draw their power from there and the headphones don't need to be charged if they are plugged in.

Archived