Bellator 207/208: Fedor vs Sonnen - Oct 12/13

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably wouldn't have said this a few years ago, but by Christ is Bader a hell of a fighter. I honestly think, seeing his style, that he's possibly the guy who could give DC a real test in the wrestling department.

Dude moves up to heavy and manhandles Mitrione like that? That was Khabib-esque. Don't think it matters who wins tonight, because Bader is beating both of them I think based on what we seen last night.

Bader looked mighty. Sonnen and Fedor should be easy meat for him. I think he beats most of the UFC's top ten heavies as well. 

Kharitonov frustrates me. He's a decade past his best, yet is still capable of performances like that. Had he fulfilled his potential he might have won a version of the world title. Instead, he wasted most of his prime through inactivity and fighting in minor promotions. 

So, anyone see this? I thought the Fedor/Chael fight was good. I didn't expect Chael to survive that initial combo that dropped him within seconds of the fight starting, but all credit to him he took the shots and stayed in the fight.

Nice seeing some of Fedor's ground game in action, he's a slick fucker when it comes to reversals and takedowns, isn't he? Don't think he'll have what it takes to beat Bader mind you, but a good fight nonetheless.

It was a decent scrap while it lasted. It helped that Chael threw caution to the wind and kept coming forward. Fedor certainly hasn't lost much of his power in his advanced age and he occasionally shows flashes of the great fighter he once was. 

Sadly, Bader will likely crush Fedor. I can't see Fedor being able to defend against Bader's wrestling. I would love it if Fedor catches him flush. 

Nah, I'm on board the Bader train for now, the dude has looked phenomenal of late, and is really making waves at heavyweight.

There's been a few of these so-called "champ champs" but it's interesting that Bader says he wants to go one step further, and actually defend both titles if he wins the heavyweight belt.

8 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Bader is without question a great fighter and has improved greatly. 

But it makes for a better story if Fedor wins. 

You think so? I guess from a nostalgia point of view it does, but I think a Bader who wins and then defends both belts makes for a much better story, especially in the discussion over who the best heavyweight in the sport at the moment would be.

I prefer Fedor though and care more about him than I do Bader. Most MMA fans have more of an emotional attachment to Fedor, and few gave him a chance of winning the tournament to begin with. Hence why I think Fedor winning would make a better story. 

Just now, jimufctna24 said:

I prefer Fedor though and care more about him than I do Bader. Most MMA fans have more of an emotional attachment to Fedor, and few gave him a chance of winning the tournament to begin with. Hence why I think Fedor winning would make a better story. 

Just a pity this shit ain't scripted then, eh? Well, as far as we know anyway!

• Paid Members

Bader's move to Bellator has been a massive success. When he made the move it was met with indifference due to him never really being a fan favorite but theres no denying the run hes put together in the promotion, its impressive.

I missed both shows due to being away on the weekend. Im seeing some cries of fix in the Fedor/Sonnen fight, anyone shed any light?

• Paid Members

The American Gangster hasnt gone full Bob Sapp just yet. He did weather some heavy shots right out the gate looking for the takedown and ate a load more before he eventually got it. That roll over was a thing of madness though. Kind of similar to that spinning backfist in the 2nd Silva fight. Chael does have a bit of a habit for doing stupid shit in a fight. 

Sonnen-troll-smile.jpg

He's still the peoples Champ though

• Paid Members

I think it could be said that Sonnen can look for a way out of a fight. Thats a different thing to throwing a fight though.

Anyone catch that knee that KO'd Carrington Banks though, fucking hell.

Kharitanov stopping Nelson is impressive too. Always loves Sergei, be nice to see him get a bit of a late career push now. Sergei/Kongo makes sense.

Archived