Do a roster spring clean

HarmonicGenerator

16 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Legitimately who the Revival reminded me most of in their heat sections, cutting the ring off and little cheating spots in their excellent matches with Alpha and DIY. Don't be frightened.

Aye they 100% are a tribute act to Arn & Tully but they just don't work at all in my opinion. The whole point of that gimmick is to believe they can hurt people and I just don't buy it, more so with Wilder than Dawson.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Apologies for bumping a 2-month old thread, but it's a slow work day so thought I'd have a crack at this.

I'm not going to touch NXT.

These blokes can get to fuck;

Ariya Daivari - Hasn't been on 205 in ages, bit rubbish.

Big Show - Legends contract, no more matches.

Bobby Lashley - Outside of one decent match with Reigns, he's been rubbish since he returned. Slightly more entertaining as a heel but there's people on the roster who can fill his position and do a better job.

David Otunga - Shocking at everything he has turned his hand to.

Epico Colon - Stealing a living this bloke.

Jeff Hardy - Purely personal one this, I've always thought he was shite. I get that he sells merch and the kids love him, but wrestling is a petty and vindictive industry and I think he's fucking shit. Good riddance you weird fucker.

Kane - Legends contract, no more matches.

Primo Colon - See Epico

Shinsuke Nakamura - Outside of that debut match with Zayn, his run has been completely forgettable. Seems a lazy git too. WWE are bored of him and I think he's bored of WWE.

Sin Cara - It's never really worked for him.

Tamina - Been there for an eternity and has never improved. Get rid.

Undertaker - Legends contract, no more matches.

WWE desperately needs a clear out.  There's a ton of decent guys coming up from NXT, you need to make some room, and here's a bunch of people with no value right now.

RAW

Apollo Crews
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Kurt Hawkins
Mojo Rawley
No Way Jose
Zack Ryder
Tamina

Smackdown
Aiden English
Epico Colon
Primo Colon
Shelton Benjamin
Sin Cara
Tye Dillinger
..and if you're not going to do anything with them, get rid of Sanity too.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of good wrestlers there but I don't think any of them have any chance of bettering themselves on the roster from where they are now.

On a similar note, when was the last time a legit main eventer left WWE and turned up in another organisation?  Bobby Lashley to TNA?  It hasn't happened for years, and that's why the upper mid card is so stacked with 40 something guys I guess.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

On a similar note, when was the last time a legit main eventer left WWE and turned up in another organisation?  Bobby Lashley to TNA?

Do we count Lashley? I have Angle as the only real main eventer that ever left WWE and went straight to TNA.

Main evented Wrestlemania, ECW champion, but I take your point.  He was the closest.  But even guys like Christian use to at least make a buzz when they hit the market.  I can't think of anyone even on HIS level to have left in recent years.

• Paid Members

The most damining thing for me is that if I was running a second rate company like TNA or starting a new one from scratch, there's no-one on that list from @Loki that I even think "he's a good hand with a bit of name value" let alone anyone I'd fancy to draw a single penny.

18 hours ago, Loki said:

WWE desperately needs a clear out.  There's a ton of decent guys coming up from NXT, you need to make some room, and here's a bunch of people with no value right now.

RAW

Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
No Way Jose
Zack Ryder

Whilst I completely agree that they do clutter up the roster. In their own way they all seem to get good reactions at either house shows or as warm up acts before tapings. Also see R-Truth/Tyler Breeze. So as crowd warmers they do serve some purpose I guess even if thats all it will ever be. Which I do think you need in WWE at events to get the crowd going. 

• Paid Members

If what I've been reading on here is accurate, I sort of see the logic of getting rid of Lesnar, in that it's allowed WWE to be complacent and over-reliant on him to the point where the rest of their roster has suffered as a result - meaning they'll be screwed when he leaves. In an utterly bizarre way, he could turn out to be their Big Daddy if they're not careful. I guess the idea is that they should "wean themselves off" him. So the thinking isn't completely unreasonable.

That said, I don't agree with it. Better to just book the other prospective main-eventers better and keep him around to help legitimise them. But then, do WWE look like they're going to turn it around in that department any time soon?

• Paid Members

Lesnar is missing half the time and they rely on a set of "stars" week to week. All I see with no Lesnar is them booking that same set of "stars" in the same ineffective manner. Without the boost from a real star popping in every month or two.

Archived