What are you looking forward to in Wrestling?

Bus Surfer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hurt in Darby's soul grows evermore when Evolve is disrespected...

I know the presentation is a bit dry at times, but the fans have been better in recent times, and there's some good character work which PWG just tends to gloss over. The roster is fantastic at the moment, guys like JD Drake who's a great hoss wrestler aren't really showcased anywhere else I watch. PWG is exciting me again with their recent bookings though, I'll give you that

• Paid Members

AHEM

What I'm looking forward to...

Fight Club Pro Project Mayhem and PROGRESS Hello Wembley live this weekend.

The Miz beating Daniel Bryan in Australia then winning the WWE Title from AJ Styles.

NJPW King of Pro Wrestling. In particular the continued fallout from the end of the last Destruction show.

Rev Pro Global Wars in Brixton in mid October.

Watching WrestleMania weekend events from home next year. New York is cold at that time of year.

Riptide Wrestling returning after a couple of months off, 8 miles from me on November 2nd.

2 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Such a stupid fucking post, I have watched Wrestling and Derby County since I was 5 years old, at times I love them, at times I hate what I see, I don't just stop watching and/or caring. WWE should be thankful that they have fans that are willing to watch and voice an opinion, if there are enough dissenting voices it can force a change.

I have not seen many posts that outright hate WWE, ALL of WWE. Raw is shite and getting some grief at present, Smackdown has been really good, if you look at that thread it's getting positive reviews, as is NXT constantly, those are both "WWE" shows. You take the good with the bad.

No, this is such a "stupid fucking post."

I watch various television shows, but if they become shit, I turn them off. I then move to watching other television shows instead.

That doesn't happen with a football team. I have an affinity with my football team because of where I live, because I've supported said team all my life. Wrestling is a television show, not a local football team.

It would be like saying "I've watched Eastenders for years, so I have to keep watching even if it becomes shit and a chore to follow."

Who the fuck would do that? Aside from dribbling morons? A person can be a fan of a particular genre of television, that's fine, but if one particular show becomes terrible, you switch to another.

There's other forms of wrestling out there that can cater to someone's needs. 

• Paid Members

People actively support WWE. They spend good money to attend the tours and the live shows. They follow wrestlers who are signed by the company and support them individually and collectively. The affiliation people have is far closer to a football team than a soap opera. As much as I dislike a lot of the virgins who poison the atmosphere at some events, I get why they have such partisan feelings towards it.

Other forms of wrestling aren't to everyone's taste. In much the same way as some people won't watch non-league or lower league football. Or even lower standards like Scotland. 😂

34 minutes ago, David said:

No, this is such a "stupid fucking post."

I watch various television shows, but if they become shit, I turn them off. I then move to watching other television shows instead.

That doesn't happen with a football team. I have an affinity with my football team because of where I live, because I've supported said team all my life. Wrestling is a television show, not a local football team.

It would be like saying "I've watched Eastenders for years, so I have to keep watching even if it becomes shit and a chore to follow."

Who the fuck would do that? Aside from dribbling morons? A person can be a fan of a particular genre of television, that's fine, but if one particular show becomes terrible, you switch to another.

There's other forms of wrestling out there that can cater to someone's needs. 

Who are you?

17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

People actively support WWE. They spend good money to attend the tours and the live shows. They follow wrestlers who are signed by the company and support them individually and collectively. The affiliation people have is far closer to a football team than a soap opera. As much as I dislike a lot of the virgins who poison the atmosphere at some events, I get why they have such partisan feelings towards it.

Other forms of wrestling aren't to everyone's taste. In much the same way as some people won't watch non-league or lower league football. Or even lower standards like Scotland. 😂

Then those dweebs need to sort themselves the fuck out, don't they? If it's piss poor, stop watching until it gets good again.

8 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Who are you?

Buy a paid membership and find out 😎

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, air_raid said:

hat's not happening at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if vs HHH, Taker/Kane vs DX and him vs HBK are his last three matches. Going back to Taker vs HBK only makes sense in my head if its both of their last matches, there's no point trying to follow that or risking anything less huge being his last match ever.

I doubt it's ever going to happen, to be honest. If it was then it would have been this past Mania when they had Kid Rock on hand for a live version of American Badass. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I doubt it's ever going to happen, to be honest. If it was then it would have been this past Mania when they had Kid Rock on hand for a live version of American Badass. 

There was a rumour that was the plan wasn't there? And that they axed it after Kid Rock made some jab at liberals in his speech (which had AJ Styles fucking GUFFAWING) after being told to stay away from politics.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

There was a rumour that was the plan wasn't there? And that they axed it after Kid Rock made some jab at liberals in his speech (which had AJ Styles fucking GUFFAWING) after being told to stay away from politics.

I think I read or saw somewhere that Vince hates the American Badass gimmick anyway, so I doubt he'd let it happen.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think I read or saw somewhere that Vince hates the American Badass gimmick anyway, so I doubt he'd let it happen.

Yeah but if you mute the telly for Takers entrance he won't have a clue which gimmick he's wrestling under so they'd get away with it.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

It would solve the main problem with Taker still wrestling, which is that he looks like an ageing tranny prostitute working a leather bar.  He looks fucking terrible.  At least a bandana and a bike would allow him to look even a tiny bit threatening.

Archived