How would you present Raw?

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I wish we had Chris Kreski's flowchart today. Owens helping Strowman against The Shield is really not befitting a man who could have been seriously injured getting chucked off a cage a few months back. Although it did lead to some fun BANTOR when they met in the MMC which is such a nonsensical level of japes, they may as well flash "Non Canon" up on the screen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bored at work so tried to do more Kreski digging, but all I found was that he was allegedly mocked by some of the boys for his storyboards. Bringing in a TV writer and shitting on his techniques as he meticulously navigates your product through a banner year is the most pro wrestling thing ever, isn't it?

8wS8Hci.png

Oh and this. Though to be fair the d-o-double-g probably didn't know where to shit and where to sleep once he got to his motel rooms that year. 

• Paid Members

I was thinking about some old examples of some of the problems in the thread from when wrestling was great. It's been mentioned loads about how The Rock would lose all the time but rose above it because he's the fucking Rock. They've spent 20 years thinking that makes it OK. But I got to thinking about the scripted promos and the lack of character you get from people who are interesting in real life and remembered Ken Shamrock. What a terrible, wooden promo Shamrock was in the WWF. Always came across like he'd lost his carer and wanted him back. But in the UFC, he had a rep as a fantastic promo guy. Back then there was no over-scripting or lack of character development yet a guy with his credientials sucked at some aspects of wrestling. Talking being the main one. How???

• Paid Members

Lesnar's largely the same - give him a live mic in UFC and he's superb, in WWE he's dreadful.

It might be a mixture of preparation vs. (relative) spontaneity - Lesnar can come out with some mad threats and insults off the cuff when full of adrenaline, but can't deliver lines he's been running around in his head for a couple of hours before the show.

Also, in a UFC "promo", you don't really need to hit the same notes as in WWE. In WWE, you're trying to sell the match, the angle, yourself, and so on, whereas in UFC you don't have those expectations on you.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't have mattered a jot about Kenny boy's promo if he'd gone to New Japan. They'd have put the belt on him, it would have been gangbangers and we might have been saved a couple of years of shite. Although I wouldn't jeopardize Mania 13/Canadian Stampede in any way in exchange.

IMG_20181005_174323.png

23 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Lesnar's largely the same - give him a live mic in UFC and he's superb, in WWE he's dreadful.

It might be a mixture of preparation vs. (relative) spontaneity - Lesnar can come out with some mad threats and insults off the cuff when full of adrenaline, but can't deliver lines he's been running around in his head for a couple of hours before the show.

Also, in a UFC "promo", you don't really need to hit the same notes as in WWE. In WWE, you're trying to sell the match, the angle, yourself, and so on, whereas in UFC you don't have those expectations on you.

UFC fighters do have to sell themselves, though. It's why Rogan always asks them post-fight who they want as their next opponent, lest they get lost in the shuffle. Well, maybe they don't have to, but it's better for their wallet if they do, much like wrestlers. 

Archived