Super Show-Down (Showdown? Show Down?)

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Loki said:

So Joe lost all 3 of their matches? No matter how good they were, that's a burial surely.

AJ was DQed at Summerslam, then you had the dodgy finish at Hell In A Cell, so he’s only been beaten once. I’d have liked them to put the belt on Joe, but the feud served it’s purpose of filling a gap for AJ as he continues en route to breaking Punk’s 434 day record at the Rumble and got some matches out of it. Fuck knows what they’ll have planned for AJ at Saudimania 2 though (unless it’s against Daniel Bryan after he won here) , Survivor Series will be red shirts v blue shirts so that doesn’t matter, so just got to do something with him at TLC in December.

5 hours ago, air_raid said:

As cynical as we could be about "End Of An Era" and Rock/Cena "Once In A Lifetime" I doubt they'd have pushed "last time ever" and have Cole uttering the gibberish he did about it being over at the end if they were going again IMMEDIATELY after. It's the tag match at Crown Jewel. It's probably Saudi money stumped up for Shawn that's making him finally lace them back up, isn't it?

The gibberish they were all spouting was about Triple H v Taker. I'm suggesting HBK v Taker. I can definitely see a tag match at the Saudi event too, sure. But then I just don't know about this HBK/Taker singles match it looks like they're aiming towards. I just don't really wanna see it. Unless it's some throwaway "unsanctioned" type that they can pretend isn't a real match. Like you say, you'd think it's the money HBK would do this for. The big pay-day it seems is the Saudi stuff. Have his "match" there and then let's all move on I say!

• Paid Members

Yeah, HBK will be wrestling for that sweet Saudi money for sure. They've already covered it storyline wise by having him say that he's stayed retired out of respect for Taker, now they have the reason for him to come back for a match.

• Paid Members

Triple H is my all time favourite so it pains me to say this, but he's at that period now where he can probably have a good match with a recent guy, i.e Styles or even a Strowman. But stick him in there with anyone from his own era and 5 minutes in they're blown up, gasping for breath, botching backbody-drop spots and generally stinking the ring up a little.

Undertaker looks like he can barely walk. The fucker was stumbling around like it's 3am in Wetherspoons. This might be the worst I can remember seeing him, other than that concussed effort against Lesnar.

WWE Championship match was great and the 205 match stole the show. Buddy Murphy is the breakout star of the year. Completely forgotten in January, but since his 205 debut he's blown me away almost everytime I've seen him. His previous match with Cedric on 205 was incredible, his matches with Mustafa Ali are some of my MOTY contenders, and this was no different. Those high knees he delivers are proper nasty.

Everything else was enjoyable. Nothing bad on this show really, until the main event. No idea what the fuck Cena's finisher was about though.

• Paid Members

The most note worthy thing on this show was Buddy Murphy wrestling a New Japan match. Fucking hell, that lad can go! If these are the type of matches the 205 Live guys are having then I'm even more convinced that they need to bring them back to Raw and have one or two cruiserweight matches per show. Imagine how much it would improve Raw if, around about the two hour fifteen minute mark, they sent these guys out to have a lightning fast showcase, rather than going with the Jinder or Mojo shit we usually see. I'd love it.

The Shield match was a dud for me. I liked the Ambrose drama but apart from that it just felt like it never got going until the end. 

It is a huge shame as I felt like I was watching three singles competitors (which I suppose in fairness they are) tagging together as opposed to the well oiled machine they used to be. 

Archived