UK Kat Von D

VeganMania

30 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I've yet to find a decent veggie option from Iceland, which is a shame, as they tend to have a good sized range, and obviously very cheap. But everything's just cardboard, it's like stepping back in time 20 years to when that was true of any imitation meat stuff.

Tesco are a bit much better option for vegan stuff, but still a little pricey. 

Morrison's own brand are pretty good and not bad price-wise.

51 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Morrison's own brand are pretty good and not bad price-wise.

Seconded. The Cauliflower ones, as well as the Sweet Potato burgers are especially nice.

They have introduced a new vegan burger called the “Miami” but my local one doesn’t have it yet. Supposed to be the best supermarket produced meat free burger yet.

35 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

He can't possibly mean those! 

I mean, my go to now (Thanks Asda) are the Oomph! Burgers, they are the best I have had at home (and I have just bought some of those Birdseye ones to try as well), but the No Bulls for me are really good, even if the cooking instructions are ropey. They were one of the best things I tried in my first month of leaving meat behind.

Just watched Game Changers and it was brilliant. They cover all aspects of how a plant based diet improves performance. While I’m no athlete I have seen a dramatic improvement in my general health, so was cool to see all the reasons why I feel better at 30 than I did in my early 20s. There is one part which measures erections after plant based meals which was really good.

@Scott Malbranque and @Chest Rockwell should definitely give it a watch. Would like to know what you both think  

Made his face an awful shade of grey though 

Nobody said being vegan is the only way to get strong, it’s just the best way for individuals to reach their personal best. It covers it all in the film if you watch it  

38 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Nobody said being vegan is the only way to get strong, it’s just the best way for individuals to reach their personal best. It covers it all in the film if you watch it  

I found the film interesting, not that it blew me away or anything but it was interesting.

7 hours ago, ElCece said:

I found the film interesting, not that it blew me away or anything but it was interesting.

I agree. It was a good watch and did a decent job of shooting down some of the horror stories and misinforation, but I honestly think the watchers current beliefs will massvly infuence how it is viewed rather than being a tool to try and make people "see the light".

I'm beggining to see wrestling the same way people see religion. What's the old saying, "If you beleive, then no evidence is needed. If you don't, then no eviidence will be enough".

13 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

"If you beleive, then no evidence is needed. If you don't, then no eviidence will be enough".

I don’t know if this applies since most white vegans become vegans when they look at the evidence.