UK Kat Von D

VeganMania

8 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Sell this story to the Daily Mail

Wait for Piers Morgan to pick up on it

?????

Profit!

It tasted really good though. Well, before I started feeling like a melting Gremlin...

2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Turns out it is vert likelly I as allergic to Mycoprotein... and it turns out to be what I've told is one of the more enjoyable meat substitues.

Isn't that the generic name of Quorn?  Maybe give that a wide berth until you've had the prick test.

Edited by johnnyboy

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Isn't that the generic name of Quorn?  Maybe give that a wide berth until you've had the prick test.

Don’t worry, he’ll be along soon after he’s bought a customer some lunch. He will advise what to have instead. 

6 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Piers Morgan was mentioned in the previous post Johnny. 

@UK Kat Von D sorry I missed your post the other week about Edinburgh, would have sent you some recommendations.

I tried the vegan sausage roll yesterday. Like others have said, very little difference in taste, really nice. I’d happily switch out the meat one for that from now on. If other products can do something similar I could easily see myself eating less meat.

I think the reason that one is a winner is because the texture is so not like a cut of meat in the first place. I think next time I have time to do some sausage making I might experiment with some seitan. I got some fully vegan sausage casings made from plant matter anyway, for when I've made vegetarian sausages before.