VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Thought I'd put this in here rather than the cookery thread. Made it this morning for a fat football cookery challenge and brought to work for lunch. Chickpea curry with baked sweet potato. I'm not massively into curry but I'm getting more daring on the food front so gave this a go. I left out fresh green chilli so it just hummed gently but tasted fantastic. First time I've ever baked a sweet potato too, normally just roast it.

image.thumb.png.7b17fd650d7e18a9b1e7d70c44eb8724.png

Method is lovely and easy:

Add 1 tbsp coconut oil (I used a blended cocunut spray) in a large pan. Fry 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds for 1 min, add 1 diced onion and fry for 5 mins or so.

Add garlic (1 cloves) and ginger (I used a bit of powdered but can use fresh) - cook for 2-3 mins.

Add spices (1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp turmeric) and tikka masala paste (2 tbsp) - cook for 2-3 mins again.

Add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then tip in the 2 tins of drained chickpeas - cook for 20 mins or so until thicker.

Then just served with baked sweet potato. Really, really good. Vegan too but that's coincidence.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

@tiger_rick that looks and sounds lovely. How long do you bake the sweet potato for and at what heat?

Recipe said about 45 mins at 180 fan/gas 6 but I was at work and we only have a micro so i just zapped it for 5-6mins.

Edited by tiger_rick

• 2 weeks later...