VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

I’ve put stuff in the oven so far but since I’ve been in Edinburgh all week I’ve been making the most of that. Planning to cook some proper stuff this weekend when I’m back though. 

This is what I got up to tonight, pizza and tacos. My air bnb does have a badass kitchen (it has an island thing so you know it’s good) but I’m too scared I’ll damage something 

If you're in a different city you may as well check out the restaurants they have there if you can afford to.

I've followed a guy called Jon Venus on Instagram as he's a vegan fitness guy with a bloody good body. I'm starting to use Instagram more to follow things I want to learn and this gives good examples of how to get a load of calories in whilst getting a good balance of nutrients. Any other suggestions along those lines would be welcomed (I've been telling myself I'll hit the gym since May and this may be the inspiration I need).

• Awards Moderator
On 1/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, BomberPat said:

47693558_181403186150761_237015188058755

My haul from M&S' new vegan range, keen to check their stuff out. The pizza is lovely, but far too small. 

I tried the burger. Pretty good! 

But this recipe is still the gold standard. Well worth making a big batch of these, they're fantastic. 

• Paid Members

I had a Greggs' VeganRoll yesterday, and started to feel really ill almost immediatly after. Ended up having to go to A&E asmy throught was closing up and I was finding it diffucult to breath, which was in adition ti my stomach feeling like it was going to rip itself out of me.

Turns out it is vert likelly I as allergic to Mycoprotein, whic is dissapointing. It's the first thing I've found I am allergic to ever, and it turns out to be what I've told is one of the more enjoyable meat substitues. Bugger!

31 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I had a Greggs' VeganRoll yesterday, and started to feel really ill almost immediatly after. Ended up having to go to A&E asmy throught was closing up and I was finding it diffucult to breath, which was in adition ti my stomach feeling like it was going to rip itself out of me.

Sell this story to the Daily Mail

Wait for Piers Morgan to pick up on it

?????

Profit!

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Sell this story to the Daily Mail

Wait for Piers Morgan to pick up on it

?????

Profit!

It tasted really good though. Well, before I started feeling like a melting Gremlin...

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Isn't that the generic name of Quorn?  Maybe give that a wide berth until you've had the prick test.

Don’t worry, he’ll be along soon after he’s bought a customer some lunch. He will advise what to have instead. 

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Isn't that the generic name of Quorn?  Maybe give that a wide berth until you've had the prick test.

Piers Morgan was mentioned in the previous post Johnny. 

• Awards Moderator

@UK Kat Von D sorry I missed your post the other week about Edinburgh, would have sent you some recommendations.

I tried the vegan sausage roll yesterday. Like others have said, very little difference in taste, really nice. I’d happily switch out the meat one for that from now on. If other products can do something similar I could easily see myself eating less meat.

• Moderators

I think the reason that one is a winner is because the texture is so not like a cut of meat in the first place. I think next time I have time to do some sausage making I might experiment with some seitan. I got some fully vegan sausage casings made from plant matter anyway, for when I've made vegetarian sausages before.

• 3 weeks later...