VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
On 1/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, Tommy! said:

My mate said Greggs were planning on selling a 10p sausage roll. I said it was bollocks but he reckons there'll be brains in there too. 

Adapted from my second favourite Frankie Boyle joke.

After "Sunny Delight counts towards your Five A Day. As minus 2."

• Paid Members

It’s horrible and nasty and all that but Frankie Boyle saying years ago that Rebecca Adlington looks like “someone who’s looking at themself in the back of a spoon” cracked me up at the time. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It’s horrible and nasty and all that but Frankie Boyle saying years ago that Rebecca Adlington looks like “someone who’s looking at themself in the back of a spoon” cracked me up at the time. 

I think he got in a bit of shit for that one if I remember correctly.

On topic; tried vegan chorizo, it was ok, better visually than anything else.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

Any recommendations for a nice vegan/vegetarian sit-down place in Manchester? Girlfriend is coming down for the weekend, so looking for somewhere decent where we can get a nice meal and a few drinks. Haven't really ate out in Manchester much, all the trains to Alderley Edge are fucked due to strikes!

2 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Any recommendations for a nice vegan/vegetarian sit-down place in Manchester? Girlfriend is coming down for the weekend, so looking for somewhere decent where we can get a nice meal and a few drinks. Haven't really ate out in Manchester much, all the trains to Alderley Edge are fucked due to strikes!

https://vrevmcr.co.uk is in the Northern Quarter (and got the UK Kat thumbs up).  You could hop on the tram to Chorlton or Didsbury and they are full of ace vegan places and have places that aren't exclusively vegan but have ace vegan dishes.

41 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

https://vrevmcr.co.uk is in the Northern Quarter (and got the UK Kat thumbs up).  You could hop on the tram to Chorlton or Didsbury and they are full of ace vegan places and have places that aren't exclusively vegan but have ace vegan dishes.

Cheers Keith, neither of us are vegan so yeah, anywhere that's got any really nice vegetarian dishes are also worth a shout. Not bothered if it's somewhere exclusively vegan or not. 

Looking through the menu and it looks good, not as pricey as some of the other vegan-only places I've had a browse around either!

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Plus you're in a place with a shitload of bars and pubs in the vicinity should you face a drink after.  It's trendy as fuck though so the prices for beer reflect that.

I'll see if Matt and Phreds are still taking bookings for the weekend. I love going there, plus if they have their Happy Hour on you can get a cocktail alongside your pizza for only around a fiver, which is more than reasonable considering.

https://newsthump.com/2019/01/07/vegans-tired-of-non-vegans-always-banging-on-about-vegans-always-banging-on-about-being-vegans/?fbclid=IwAR2BoaxzRSchVaoG1Rlpynj3teOBYwI_4tw5TakKvpEPbAJo2pNJx3Iiqqs

Vegans simply can’t help banging on about the fact that they are vegan, according to non-vegans who keep banging on about it.

This is the opinion of just about every non-vegan in the country, insist Britain’s vegans, and they insist that not only is it not true, but it is, in fact, Britain’s non-vegans that are the ones with a problem.

“It’s just getting ridiculous,” said Bob Cabbage, a vegan from Plympton.

“These days it feels like I can’t turn on the TV or look at a satirical news website without someone making some sort of comment or cracking a joke about how vegans can’t help telling everyone that they’re vegan.

“I can tell you for a fact that it’s bollocks. I never bang on about being a vegan to anybody ever. Even though, technically, that’s what I’m doing to you right now.”

Britain’s non-vegans reacted angrily to this assertion.

“No way. I’m not having that,” said Simon Williams, a labourer from Bath. “If you’re in a room with a vegan it’s only a matter of time before they tell you that they’re a vegan and start asking you about your diet. Happens every time. They can’t help it.”

Williams was asked how many times this specific scenario has it happened to him.

“I’m struggling to think, at the moment,” Mr Williams replied. “I’ll have to get back to on that one.”

Could there be some truth to the accusation that it’s not actually vegans who can’t stop talking about being vegan, but non-vegans?

“No,” continued Williams, “It’s vegans. It says it all the time on Facebook so it must be true.”

“As a vegan, I take exception to that,” concluded Mr Cabbage.

Visited Boxpark Wembley last night and had a banging vegan burrito from BombayBurrito. (No photo as I wolfed it down in about 30 seconds) Loads of other options there as well if you’re attending anything at the Arena/Stadium.

Went with a friend who came with another friend, who it turns out runs his own Jackfruit based business, called Biffs Jack Shack, and they’re at Boxpark Shoreditch and a few other places, and their menu looks amazing so keep an eye out for them.

I could easily go vegan. The only thing I would miss would be crisps and milk chocolate I reckon.

• Paid Members

You won't have to be a football fan to enjoy this spectacular response from Ken Andreson (Chairman of Bolton Wanderers) to Dale Vince (Chairman of Forest Green Rovers and second most passionate Vegan in the UK after Maxwell). Vegan wars have reached football chairmen.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/a-note-from-the-chairman2/

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Visited Boxpark Wembley last night and had a banging vegan burrito from BombayBurrito. (No photo as I wolfed it down in about 30 seconds) Loads of other options there as well if you’re attending anything at the Arena/Stadium.

Went with a friend who came with another friend, who it turns out runs his own Jackfruit based business, called Biffs Jack Shack, and they’re at Boxpark Shoreditch and a few other places, and their menu looks amazing so keep an eye out for them.

I could easily go vegan. The only thing I would miss would be crisps and milk chocolate I reckon.

You can get quite a few crisps that are vegan. Nik Naks for example, but a lot do contain milk. I prefer Dark Chocolate so that will be an easy one. For me, its melted cheese which has stopped me, though hopefully i'll get over that hurdle over time

Yeah I’ve seen a list of crisps that are vegan, and to be honest I probably could do it. I just have a real problem with crisps and snacks and binge eating them and could see it costing me a fortune if I went Vegan.

For instance it’s quite common for me to eat 6 yoghurts in one go, which is why I buy the 40p Morrisons own brand. If these were vegan, I’d be broke in no time!