VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will give this a watch. 

Saw it yesterday, funny that it’s coming out right at the start of Veganuary. Almost like a really powerful industry is worried and using media to manipulate public opinion. 

I always laugh when people say they have had death threats from Vegans. Our whole deal is being anti death. Seriously, it just pretty stupid isn’t it? Almost as stupid as the whole “white vegan racism” defence. 

I’ll give it a watch, hopefully it makes even the slightest attempt to be impartial. Would be pretty surprised though. Maybe they could show Dominion or Earthlings the day after? 

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Saw it yesterday, funny that it’s coming out right at the start of Veganuary. Almost like a really powerful industry is worried and using media to manipulate public opinion. 

Or, they're showing something that explores veganism at the start of Veganuary.  It's the best time to show it!

4 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I always laugh when people say they have had death threats from Vegans. Our whole deal is being anti death. Seriously, it just pretty stupid isn’t it? 

But it does happen and it's head in the sand if you think a death threat has never been made.  Of course, one death threat from someone doesn't mean that everyone does it, but it does happen.  Remember that bloke I mentioned who is a butcher and he baits and trolls vegans?  He's had them, but that's to do with him being a bellend.  I very much doubt anyone would actually try and kill him, and the people would count someone saying "I'll fucking kill you, you cunt" in reply to abuse they've dished out as a death threat.

8 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Almost as stupid as the whole “white vegan racism” defence. 

What's it a defence of?  I'd say it's an attack if anything.

Well Keith if a few people arguing on the internet and chatting shit at each other classes as an actual death threat, than the bar is pretty low and not in any way exclusive or representative of Veganism. To say it is something Vegans do is sensationalist to say the least. 

Well meat eaters use it as an excuse for their own actions. They’ll call Vegans racist while people are starving in third world countries so they can go grain to be fed to cattle. Unless you only eat purely English locally grown produce it seems like an odd thing to bring up.

awX67qQ_700b.jpg

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I always laugh when people say they have had death threats from Vegans. Our whole deal is being anti death. Seriously, it just pretty stupid isn’t it? Almost as stupid as the whole “white vegan racism” defence. 

I’ll give it a watch, hopefully it makes even the slightest attempt to be impartial. Would be pretty surprised though. Maybe they could show Dominion or Earthlings the day after? 

Media conspiracy or are they just promoting a show about the topic of veganism during a month when there's a focus on veganism? Surely you're not that daft...

Also you may be surprised to learn that being a vegan doesn't make you immune to being a hypocrite or an idiot. Don't assume you speak for all vegans; there's plenty of people stupid and militant enough in their views to make completely serious death threats.

Finally to claim the channel's programming is one-sided and biased is completely ignoring the substantial amount vegan cookery stuff they've put out. Which you maybe missed because you didn't do any cooking in 2018, but maybe you'll notice it more this year now that Matt Pritchard has opened your eyes.

4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Media conspiracy or are they just promoting a show about the topic of veganism during a month when there's a focus on veganism? Surely you're not that daft...

Also you may be surprised to learn that being a vegan doesn't make you immune to being a hypocrite or an idiot. Don't assume you speak for all vegans; there's plenty of people stupid and militant enough in their views to make completely serious death threats.

Finally to claim the channel's programming is one-sided and biased is completely ignoring the substantial amount vegan cookery stuff they've put out. Which you maybe missed because you didn't do any cooking in 2018, but maybe you'll notice it more this year now that Matt Pritchard has opened your eyes.

Oh well, maybe if you were as well read on the subject as me you would know about the huge sums of money the meat industry invests into stuff like this. Perhaps then you wouldn’t think it was daft and just more of the usual.

Im not speaking on behalf of all Vegans. I’m addressing a program called “The Truth about Vegans” and so far, it does appear to be focusing on one aspect of it. If you could let me know how many Vegans have ever actually killed a farmer and or butcher that would be great.

If you don’t think this program looks biased then whatever. Maybe they have other programs on the same channel that aren’t. This one looks very biased though. Imagine if the BBC had some comedies that were pro-left and slated Corbyn in the news. Would be absolute madness.

I haven’t cooked because I prefer eating out and I can afford to. Pritchard hasn’t made me want to cook at home, it’s a New Years resolution. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of the concept before, but this time of year pretty much everyone in the country picks something they want to change or try more of. 

Well done for stooping to new lows in amount of digs thrown into one post though. If you’d made a single valid point it would have been impressive.

20 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well Keith if a few people arguing on the internet and chatting shit at each other classes as an actual death threat, than the bar is pretty low and not in any way exclusive or representative of Veganism.

I haven't for one second said it is? If anything I was saying that the credibility of these death threats leave a lot to be desired.  Still, we have the malicious communications act now, and it has been used to convict people who chat shit on the internet.

20 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well meat eaters use it as an excuse for their own actions.

And the vegan POC who bring it up, what are they defending?  I mean, the case is there that drug users excuse their actions too.  As I've mentioned before, it's the difference between hypocrisy and inconsistency.  A lot of white middle class vegans have no empathy for anyone outside their bubble.  They are all about sentient beings having the same rights as humans, providing those humans aren't Peruvian farmers or slaves in the cocaine trade of course, gotta have my quinoa.  But like we've agreed in the past, I'd call it a symptom of global capitalism rather than trendy foods.

EDIT -  I’m addressing a program called “The Truth about Vegans”

The series of films this is a part of is called "The Truth About..."  There has been The Truth About Your Pay, The Truth About Muslim Marriage, The Truth About Slim People etc.

Edited by Keith Houchen

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And the vegan POC who bring it up, what are they defending?  

EDIT -  I’m addressing a program called “The Truth about Vegans”

The series of films this is a part of is called "The Truth About..."  There has been The Truth About Your Pay, The Truth About Muslim Marriage, The Truth About Slim People etc.

As far as I’m aware, Butch is not a Vegan or a POC. So his reasoning for bringing it up, belief system and insights are going to be totally different from someone speaking from an informed place. For me, they have totally different value.

They could easily call it “The Truth about Militant Vegans” and I would have no issue, because that is a totally different story to “The Truth about Vegans.” 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

As far as I’m aware, Butch is not a Vegan or a POC. So his reasoning for bringing it up, beleifs and insights are going to be totally different from someone speaking from an informed place. For me, they have totally different value.

Ok, but what about non meat eaters who bring it up, what are they being defensive about?

3 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They could easily call it “The Truth about Militant Vegans” and I would have no issue,

I suspect you would to be honest, given the connotations of the word "Militant".  It's something from MSM, so you'll dismiss it as biased from the offset.