UK Kat Von D

VeganMania

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I've always despised milk to be honest. People that drink it by the glass should be on a register, the absolute wrong uns. 

200w.gif

I suppose he's drinking from cartons rather than a glass.

Edited by Sphinx

2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Sorry to revisit old ground, but today a BBC article popped up on my Facebook feed and one of the points it very generally discusses is if cocaine is vegan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/a345f531-058b-438a-8400-68f33663db0f?ns_campaign=bbc-three&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=FACEBOOK&ns_post=bbcthree

Yeah, it says nothing I’m not already aware of. By the standards they set, nothing is Vegan and majority of the issues from cocaine production are created by the criminalisation of drugs.

29,000 people were involved with drug related deaths to cocaine to export 866 tonnes. There is 1,000,000 grams in a tonne, so they export 866,000,00 grams a year. Which would mean; every gram makes you responsible for nearly 1/30,000th of a death. Chances of getting struck by lighting are loads better than that.

Considering a Vegan saves about 198 animal lives a year I think it’s pretty clear that the choice to eat meat is thousands and thousands of times worse than the choice to do cocaine.

According to them, pretty much nothing would ever be Vegan. The entire argument falls apart the second it is compared to anything else.

18 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Oh I wasn't posting it against your arguments, just thought the timing was interesting and thought it may interest people. 

I shared it on Facebook to gauge reactions from all the Vegans I know and so far the only thing of note anyone said was “Hahah how can you tell if someone’s vegan don’t worry their baggy will tell you” in regards to the picture the BBC used of a V on a baggie.

As long as Venezuelan villagers are being raped and killed to keep supply I don't see how someone can morally take it and oppose the awful treatment to animals in the modern meat trade as a moral high ground from which to preech. 

If people on either side of the fence are OK with it than that's fine, but they shouldn't look down on the other groups. 

28 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

As long as Venezuelan villagers are being raped and killed to keep supply I don't see how someone can morally take it and oppose the awful treatment to animals in the modern meat trade as a moral high ground from which to preech. 

If people on either side of the fence are OK with it than that's fine, but they shouldn't look down on the other groups. 

I’m not okay with anyone being raped and killed. I don’t like the system of criminalising drugs which puts people in danger. 

I’m preaching about an unrelated issue. There are many things considerably worse  than cocaine use. It is like saying someone is directly responsible for the huge numbers of lives lost in the middle east if they put petrol in their car. Unless you never shop from any business which uses their workforce unethically then you can’t really say anything can you?

Do you buy Nestle products? Because if you do then you are responsible for killing babies.

24 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Drug addiction can do funny things to your moral compass. 

Fuck off.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’m not okay with anyone being raped and killed

I never said you did. 

Unless you never shop from any business which uses their workforce unethically then you can’t really say anything can you?

Yeah, that's sort of my point. 

Do what you want, you don't have to say anything to preach. 

Edited by Tommy!

5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Yeah, that's sort of my point. 

Do what you want, you don't have to say anything to preach. 

You’ve lost me

1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

You’ve lost me

No shock there. 

People can form their own opinions which include apparent contradiction to others. It's important to remember that, do what your morals dictate is best for you and let others do likewise. And as always people can discuss any topic and influence others without being preaching or taking a high ground if they choose to. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

No shock there. 

People can form their own opinions which include apparent contradiction to others. It's important to remember that, do what your morals dictate is best for you and let others do likewise. And as always people can discuss any topic and influence others without being preaching or taking a high ground if they choose to. 

Ah see, you lost me because what you said was nonsense. People can have their own opinions/morals, never said they can’t. I have an issue with people talking shit under the pretence of an opinion though. 

I’ve said multiple times I don’t put myself on some pedestal. I’m not on some perfect moral high ground. Im not the fucking messiah, I just think killing animals is bad and people try to complicate that or think I’m preaching or try to pick holes in it. 

I’ve said multiple times I don’t put myself on some pedesta

I never said you did. You seem to be taking it all very personally, which is odd as it's a general point I'm making. I have implied you're a thick twat, which TBF I think you are. However by your own admission you preach at others, I never claimed you did remember. You brought it up and labelled yourself. 

44 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’m preaching

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. 

Edited by Tommy!