VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

28 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

As long as Venezuelan villagers are being raped and killed to keep supply I don't see how someone can morally take it and oppose the awful treatment to animals in the modern meat trade as a moral high ground from which to preech. 

If people on either side of the fence are OK with it than that's fine, but they shouldn't look down on the other groups. 

I’m not okay with anyone being raped and killed. I don’t like the system of criminalising drugs which puts people in danger. 

I’m preaching about an unrelated issue. There are many things considerably worse  than cocaine use. It is like saying someone is directly responsible for the huge numbers of lives lost in the middle east if they put petrol in their car. Unless you never shop from any business which uses their workforce unethically then you can’t really say anything can you?

Do you buy Nestle products? Because if you do then you are responsible for killing babies.

24 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Drug addiction can do funny things to your moral compass. 

Fuck off.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’m not okay with anyone being raped and killed

I never said you did. 

Unless you never shop from any business which uses their workforce unethically then you can’t really say anything can you?

Yeah, that's sort of my point. 

Do what you want, you don't have to say anything to preach. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

You’ve lost me

No shock there. 

People can form their own opinions which include apparent contradiction to others. It's important to remember that, do what your morals dictate is best for you and let others do likewise. And as always people can discuss any topic and influence others without being preaching or taking a high ground if they choose to. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

No shock there. 

People can form their own opinions which include apparent contradiction to others. It's important to remember that, do what your morals dictate is best for you and let others do likewise. And as always people can discuss any topic and influence others without being preaching or taking a high ground if they choose to. 

Ah see, you lost me because what you said was nonsense. People can have their own opinions/morals, never said they can’t. I have an issue with people talking shit under the pretence of an opinion though. 

I’ve said multiple times I don’t put myself on some pedestal. I’m not on some perfect moral high ground. Im not the fucking messiah, I just think killing animals is bad and people try to complicate that or think I’m preaching or try to pick holes in it. 

• Paid Members

I’ve said multiple times I don’t put myself on some pedesta

I never said you did. You seem to be taking it all very personally, which is odd as it's a general point I'm making. I have implied you're a thick twat, which TBF I think you are. However by your own admission you preach at others, I never claimed you did remember. You brought it up and labelled yourself. 

44 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’m preaching

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. 

Edited by Tommy!

1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

I never said you did. You seem to be taking it all very personally, which is odd as it's a general point I'm making. I have implied you're a thick twat, which TBF I think you are. 

Well you have directly quoted me, so apologies for assuming what you was saying was directed towards me. In future, I’ll assume anything said about me or to me isn’t personal and just random general statements.

While I don’t think you are Loki levels of idiot, the feeling is more than mutual dude. 

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Considering a Vegan saves about 198 animal lives a year 

Do you have a citation for that? I'd love to read the methodology on how that figure is reached. I'm guessing dairy has a bigger than you'd think impact, if you know what I mean. 

• Paid Members

Well you have directly quoted me,

I made a statement and you quoted me in the first instance, nothing was directed at you before you brought yourself into it as the focus. Don't try and push that on me, I do all I can to avoid talking to you because you're such an insufferable and egotistical person 95% of the time. 

If anything I'm supporting you to take your stance of vegan coke head, as that's fine with me and should be fine with everyone but the police, yet you still had to be a cock end about it. 

Edited by Tommy!

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do you have a citation for that? I'd love to read the methodology on how that figure is reached. I'm guessing dairy has a bigger than you'd think impact, if you know what I mean. 

I read it a while back but I think that was from PETA, had a look and http://thevegancalculator.com/ puts it at 365. Considering a lot of people will eat it three times a day with dairy based products I’d have thought it would be much higher. It probably doesn’t include when they put chics in blenders to make nuggets though

23 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

This thread really brings out the worst in people.

For what it's worth, coke is over-rated anyway.

It is relentless, especially since I’ll spend a lot of my spare time doing the same on Facebook. All worth it though when I get people message me saying they’ve decided to go Vegan. These debates hardly ever change the mind of people already dug in, although I have managed it before. I do it for the people just reading who are on the fence. Getting them to switch over is the best feeling ever.

Coke is nice, better than stuff like ket which turns me into an Alex Jones/Jack Sparrow hybrid (without all the nasty right wing/woman beating stuff.)

• Paid Members

The big problem with any PETA links is that I can't help but disbelieve them based entirely on how shifty they are in general. They could be tell me my middle name, date of birth and NI number and I'd doubt all of them. 

Vegans, what cheese substitute actually makes a good sub for cheese on toast and/or pizza? That's honestly my main block to going vegan, I barely eat meat at all anyway. In fact I'd rather eat a bit of meat than be part of the dairy industry. 

5 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

The big problem with any PETA links is that I can't help but disbelieve them based entirely on how shifty they are in general. They could be tell me my middle name, date of birth and NI number and I'd doubt all of them. 

Vegans, what cheese substitute actually makes a good sub for cheese on toast and/or pizza? That's honestly my main block to going vegan, I barely eat meat at all anyway. In fact I'd rather eat a bit of meat than be part of the dairy industry. 

PETA do a lot of great stuff, but they have also been pretty mental on multiple occasions. Next year I’ll be going with them to protest the bull fights, which is even more horrendous than most people think.

When looking for recommendations I always suggest using your local vegan groups on Facebook. They’ll mostly be people asking similar questions along with others being able to give specific advice based on your local shops.

Some online reviews led me to the Wicked Kitchen Sweet Potato Pakora wraps from Tesco and they are really nice. I know supermarket sandwiches/wraps are never a great standard but they were pretty bloody good for a quick lunch. They seem to have a range of pizzas and resdy meals at Tesco which have got decent reviews as well.