VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

I switched to the unsweetened Alpro Almond milk last year. Tastes much better in coffees than normal milk too. 

Punkstep - if Almond ain't you bag, I find their Coconut milk to be very nice. They also do Cashew too, which has that creaminess akin to normal milk, but I couldn't get on with that so much. 

• Paid Members

Mine was sweetened, so all three of you have mentioned unsweetened. Interesting, I'll give that a go. I remember mentioning almond milk before and couldn't remember if you all said get the sweetened variety or not- guess I went with the wrong option!

I don't know why anyone would put milk in trees though @deathrey, seems like a waste.

• Paid Members

There's an almond milk made by a company called Rude Health; they've kept a lot of the original almond flavour, which I really like. Better as a drink by itself, though (odd as that might sound).

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

There's so much bloody choice for milk alternatives, I've probably not gone through half of what the supermarkets sell yet. The Good Hemp stuff is pretty nice, rarely see that one mentioned.

True. I've seen soya, almond, hazelnut, cashew, coconut, oat, rice, peanut, and walnut milk, and I probably haven't even scratched the surface.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I've always despised milk to be honest. People that drink it by the glass should be on a register, the absolute wrong uns. 

200w.gif

I suppose he's drinking from cartons rather than a glass.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

Sorry to revisit old ground, but today a BBC article popped up on my Facebook feed and one of the points it very generally discusses is if cocaine is vegan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/a345f531-058b-438a-8400-68f33663db0f?ns_campaign=bbc-three&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=FACEBOOK&ns_post=bbcthree

2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Sorry to revisit old ground, but today a BBC article popped up on my Facebook feed and one of the points it very generally discusses is if cocaine is vegan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/a345f531-058b-438a-8400-68f33663db0f?ns_campaign=bbc-three&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=FACEBOOK&ns_post=bbcthree

Yeah, it says nothing I’m not already aware of. By the standards they set, nothing is Vegan and majority of the issues from cocaine production are created by the criminalisation of drugs.

29,000 people were involved with drug related deaths to cocaine to export 866 tonnes. There is 1,000,000 grams in a tonne, so they export 866,000,00 grams a year. Which would mean; every gram makes you responsible for nearly 1/30,000th of a death. Chances of getting struck by lighting are loads better than that.

Considering a Vegan saves about 198 animal lives a year I think it’s pretty clear that the choice to eat meat is thousands and thousands of times worse than the choice to do cocaine.

According to them, pretty much nothing would ever be Vegan. The entire argument falls apart the second it is compared to anything else.

18 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Oh I wasn't posting it against your arguments, just thought the timing was interesting and thought it may interest people. 

I shared it on Facebook to gauge reactions from all the Vegans I know and so far the only thing of note anyone said was “Hahah how can you tell if someone’s vegan don’t worry their baggy will tell you” in regards to the picture the BBC used of a V on a baggie.

• Paid Members

As long as Venezuelan villagers are being raped and killed to keep supply I don't see how someone can morally take it and oppose the awful treatment to animals in the modern meat trade as a moral high ground from which to preech. 

If people on either side of the fence are OK with it than that's fine, but they shouldn't look down on the other groups.