VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I did Quorn toad in the hole yesterday and my wife and daughter didn't even notice.

Completely ruined the veg though. Spent a couple of hours prepping and roasting baby pots, squash and carrots then put them in the bottom of the oven completely forgetting we have a fan oven now and it savaged them. Bollocks.

image.png.70feb15c63e01344b10c5bc04cb23d5b.png

Looks pretty great. Is the Yorkshire pudding element made from scratch or a Quorn product?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BigJag said:

Looks pretty great. Is the Yorkshire pudding element made from scratch or a Quorn product?

That's my Yorkie recipe. Not sure if there's a vegan sub but it's only plain flour, milk and 1 egg. I did one recently that used a vegetable sausage rather than a vegeratian sausage. I really enjoyed that one but the kids refused to eat it!

37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah man, that's cool!  You should get some pans and cook the fella a meal once in a while though, as nice as Deliveroo is!

I’m very time conscious as person in general, so since I only have him one full day a week I’d rather have an hour playing with him or running about than leave him watching tele or on the iPad while I cook.

We did make his mom some fairy cakes on Mothers Day at my Aunty’s house for him to give to my ex. That was a lot of fun. Maybe once he is older and can help me cook I’ll start doing it again.

He is called Corbin, and during the last election I was explaining politics a little to him and he got scared he was going to be put in charge of the country. Out of curiosity I asked him what he would do if he was in charge of everything. He thought about it then said “I would look after all the animals and the poorly people.” I know all parents say it, but he really is the best kid ever and easily the best thing about me 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

He thought about it then said “I would look after all the animals and the poorly people.”

You should brag about this and not all the other shit no-one is arsed about. Seriously, that's awesome.

3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

i like the hat, tis but the title of one of my favourite GBH songs! 

GBH are fucking awesome! They are brum lads as well so I’ve known them since I was a baby. Don’t even care if this is name dropping but my favourite song of theirs is the one they wrote in memory of my mother 

20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

My old band supported GBH a few times, always a good gig!  I knew about your mother but didn't know that song was about her, that's amazing!

Yeah she left one hell of a legacy behind! Did you ever play with Drongos For Europe as well? They are another brummie punk band and awesome guys as well