Social Media Interactions

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

How did you manage to swing that?

Ha. I teach karate to kids in the local area and some of the parents nominated me, which was cool. So we put a few tweets out about it and tweeted Angle and he retweeted and said good luck. Quality šŸ™‚

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Not social media as such, but when I wrote for Total MMA back in the day, Bas Rutten emailed in to say he was a fan, and used to send my columns to his buddy in jail.

If we're talking emails then I think I've got you all beat.

Circa 2000 when I wrote WWF/WCW columns on two-bit wrestling sites, I got fan mail from someone claiming to be Steve Corino's mum.

I'veĀ had a few replies here and there. Sasha Banks replied to me asking how competing at WrestleMania XXXIII would be after watching it in the same stadium in 2008 would be which she obviously went on to do. She replied that would be a dream come true which was quite a good one. Been RT'd by Jerry Lawler a couple of times and had Kurt Angle favouriting a Tweet I sent him among others. I even had a Tweet linked to an article online reporting when the WWE Network UK launch got pulled minutes before it was set to go live. Also saying don't set a date if it's not going to happen as that was the second time the UK launch got postponed. Even Vince McMahon's apology video on the UK Tour got booed that year. They were also using WWE Network ring skirts and they clearly had to cover up the Network part with duct tape. But at least they did eventually launch it and not only that, they launched it a few days before they said they would. I subscribed and I've had it since.

When Zack Ryder got his first ever t-shirt, he offered free autographs for any fan who sent him a picture of them wearing his shirt. For shits and giggles, I photoshopped a photo of depressed singer-songwriter Elliott Smith wearing Zack Ryder's tacky shirt. I thought it looked good, but Ryder rightfully called me out on my BS.

Kenta Kobashi liked my tweet after Hideo Itami tweeted about wrestling in Kobashi's last ever match. That was bizarre.

The Rock tweeted me the day after WrestleMania 30. I told him I marked the fuck out for three Mempho legends (Hogan, Austin and himself) in the same ring, and he replied "I did too bro. ha ha Mempho". Shawn Michaels also tweeted me that he had never heard of Fear Factory after I jokingly asked what he thought of their then-recently released The Industrialist album.

Two highlights for sure.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Alex Wright Mark said:

The Rock tweeted me the day after WrestleMania 30. I told him I marked the fuck out for three Mempho legends (Hogan, Austin and himself) in the same ring, and he replied "I did too bro. ha ha Mempho". Shawn Michaels also tweeted me that he had never heard of Fear Factory after I jokingly asked what he thought of their then-recently released The Industrialist album.

Two highlights for sure.

You had the ultimate one, which Joey Janela still has on his Instagram. It was you asking Hogan if he was going to be at Joey Janela's Spring Break and the mad old cunt retweeted it.

I'm blocked by so many people on Twitter, its frightening. I dont directly give anyone shit on their either. Shawn and Hogan blocked me due to some vanity searching. There's not a wrestler in the world that doesnt put his name through the search function. Even if you dont @ then, they see what you've written.

• Paid Members

AFAIK, the only people who have me blocked are Vince Russo, and an absolute melt (who I think might now be banned) who kept banging on about how REAL FANS support wrestling no matter what, and FAKE FANS were ruining wrestling by putting pressure on companies not to book racists, abusers and sex offenders. Literally everything he Tweeted was in support of some wrong'un or other, and going on about how "FANS NEED TO REALISE THAT PROMOTERS DECIDE WHO GET BOOKED, NOT THE FANS", and I pointed out that ultimately itĀ isĀ fans who decide, as they're the ones buying tickets, and he couldn't accept that at all.

He blocked me after he claimed to book for a promotion in California that drew crowds of 800, bookingĀ allĀ the people he'd mentioned, and I pointed out that the promotion he apparently booked for had absolutely no web presence, and had never once been mentioned on Twitter before he just made it up.

Ā 

Ophidian Tweeted in response to me yesterday crediting me for getting him booked in the UK for the first time, so that was nice.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

You had the ultimate one, which Joey Janela still has on his Instagram. It was you asking Hogan if he was going to be at Joey Janela's Spring Break and the mad old cunt retweeted it.

I won't out them, but someone from here was looking through old stuff at their parents house, and tweeted an old PWI newsletter with the cover headline LAWLER INDICTED ON RAPE AND SODOMY CHARGES, and Lawler retweeted it.

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

You had the ultimate one, which Joey Janela still has on his Instagram. It was you asking Hogan if he was going to be at Joey Janela's Spring Break and the mad old cunt retweeted it.Ā 

That reminds me of when Vader responded with "Smoke Sticky Buds?" after I told him to calm down and smoke some after ranting about something I can't remember.Ā 

Archived