HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Factotum said:

That feud was incredibly hot. A shame they did a stupid home attack and then finished it with a shitter of a match.

Here's the thing that annoys me about their tendency to swerve the move at the logical point because its "too obvious" - they've done to Reigns a dozen times - people forget what the point was. Orton DID go on to win the belt from Triple H at the next PPV in that six-man tag, but that's not how people remember it because of Mania XXV. If the point of the program was to get the belt onto Orton, they should have just done it at Mania. But all you remember is him having his balls cut off by Triple H.

Orton was the beneficiary of a near identical situation the year before. The story was set up perfectly, Cena coming back from a serious injury - sustained fighting Orton - to win the Royal Rumble (as discussed in that other thread) and logically crack on and win the belt back at Mania. Except they had Orton retain. Never mind, they righted that wrong by having HIM drop the belt he should have lost at Mania, at Backlash instead. To.... err.... Triple H.

Oh well.

Yeah. I barely remembered the Backlash win until you mentioned it. Would have been utterly great had he won the title at Mania by punting Triple H for the win. Maybe even 2 punts. You at least then can have Trips out for a bit and have a hot again feud when he returned in 3 months or so.

• 1 year later...

I think I'd be inclined to go with 2007. 2004 he's absolutely brilliant until he gets fucked in the arse by Paul. 2007 is where the character starts to turn after being bent over for two straight years and he gets interesting. Every week on Raw after Mania, you watch him, and his facial expressions and mannerisms got so good, he was fascinating to watch. He lays out a bunch of people in spectacular fashion, has fantastic matches with RVD, Cena at Summerslam, HHH at No Mercy, Shawn at Survivors, gets the punt over and kicks Cena's Dad right in the bonce in the best angle of the year.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

On 9/24/2018 at 5:47 PM, air_raid said:

Here's the thing that annoys me about their tendency to swerve the move at the logical point because its "too obvious" - they've done to Reigns a dozen times - people forget what the point was.

They couldn’t have heel Orton winning to close out WrestleMania, though. If they’d changed the result, they’d have had to put one of the other matches on last...

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

They couldn’t have heel Orton winning to close out WrestleMania, though. If they’d changed the result, they’d have had to put one of the other matches on last...

It was only another two years before they had a heel win to close Mania. Technically.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, King Pitcos said:

Why though?

Even 10 years ago I found that such a dated statement.

Edited by The King of Old School