John Cena

The King of Old School

Now John Cena's appearances are obviously becoming more sparodic, i'm just wondering what, if anything is left for big match John in the WWE?

One more title win? Any more dream matches left? Will the heel turn ever happen ala The Rock in 2003?

I'm guessing there is mileage in one last huge storyline to win one more title and break the record , no idea who it would be against though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's got to have a big WrestleMania win to put him clear of Naitch's record, hasn't he? Beating Reigns for it would make sense and would've been a genuine dream match if they didn't blow their load early by having the match at No Mercy or whichever PPV it was.

I think Cena was the man who ended my love affair with wrestling which began in the early 80ā€™s. He was the channel changer for me. Iā€™m not saying heā€™s no good but he really put me off it. I find him so unlikeable and even when people were giving him props in 2002/3 i still found him shite. (Personal opinion).Ā 

I think the only decent interview with him was when he fone the Tooth Fairy blow me thing in 2011.Ā 

I have just never bought in to him, and im not a Cena Sucks fan for the sake of it. Long hours to fill on TV and over exposure adds to it as well, but i just dont think he is a very watchable wrestler.Ā 

Heā€™s not a great promo, i find his comedy so cringe worthy and find his matches bereft of believability. Ā Not a popular opinion on here but....Ā 

• Paid Members

The heel turn would be satisfying but honestly I think he's far too full bore Make A Wish for them to crush that many kids. Also to dam the green tide from the wallets of healthy kids' parents. He still moves too much merch.

There's basically only one match left that appeals to me against either any of his peers from post-Attitude or the invasion of the indy class of 2003, and it's Joe. A properly promoted, taken seriously John Cena vs Samoa Joe match on PPV would make me watch with intrigue. As long as they had 20 minutes but not too much longer, a good finish, and stakes. Like, winner gets the next title shot.

Or Cena/Bella v Bryan/Bella for the bants.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Heā€™s not a great promo

Fair enough if you're not a fan of him, but come on now. I think your dislike is blinding you here. When he switches it on, John Boy is a bloody tremendous promo. One of the very best of the past 15 years. He pissed all over The Rock during their feud in this respect.

• Paid Members

Joe Vs Cena feels like it needs to happen at some point. The dynamics of both on the heel/face divide and the current way both are treated by the crowds should actually draw the desired, favourable reaction as well. It's hard to see Cena getting many bio's against Joe at the moment. Joe is doing a great job these days of being a hateful bastard, and big match John has put up with enough shit. He should be getting cheered soundly and everyone should thank their lucky stars when he feels like bothering to take time out of his schedule to come back.Ā 

33 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fair enough if you're not a fan of him, but come on now. I think your dislike is blinding you here. When he switches it on, John Boy is a bloody tremendous promo. One of the very best of the past 15 years. He pissed all over The Rock during their feud in this respect.

33 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I dont know where this myth comes from. Itā€™s all opinions i guess. I think Cena isĀ ok in alot of areas but great in none.Ā 

Why did he piss over Rock? What did he do to piss all over him? I dont get it. Did he make Rock look like a jabroni at all?Ā 

Rocks returning promo against Cena is one of the best ever. Wether written for him or not, it was delivered perfectly. One of the best promos ever

Just now, Porkchopcash said:

I dont know where this myth comes from. Itā€™s all opinions i guess. I think Cena isĀ ok in alot of areas but great in none.Ā 

Why did he piss over Rock? What did he do to piss all over him? I dont get it. Did he make Rock look like a jabroni at all?Ā 

Rocks returning promo against Cena is one of the best ever. Wether written for him or not, it was delivered perfectly. One of the best promos ever

Oh boyĀ 

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of SCG Radio but one of my least favourite episodes ftom @Liam O'RourkeĀ and the lads wasĀ when they pretended Cena didn't murder The Rock in that feud. Rock wasn't all bad and the first promo was very good but Cena was note perfect time and time again. Rock was rusty. Him writing shit on his arm and being called out on it was embarrassing.Ā 

Cena is a magnificent money promo. The problem is that he's cut millions of promos and most of them are either unremarkable or his asked to do that comedy shit that rarely hits the target. It's only like Hogan doing 300 promos a year for syndication in the 80s. Most were utterly pointless. But when he was needed, he was always a good promo. Well, not quite always, he was generally shit in WCW.

• Paid Members

That Cena Thugonomics promo on the Rock was incredible. A feud with Joe in pursuit of title number 17 would be good.Joe is a fabulous heel and would probably be able to get a crowd solidly behind Cena and I bet they'd have a blinding match.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That Cena Thugonomics promo on the Rock was incredible. A feud with Joe in pursuit of title number 17 would be good.Joe is a fabulous heel and would probably be able to get a crowd solidly behind Cena and I bet they'd have a blinding match.

Sans title I'd love to see Cena v Joe supporting Miz v Bryan, the inevitable crossbrand pervert dream match of Styles v Balor, and the Raw main event of Roman and Braun. And Ronda v Charlotte obvs.

• Awards Moderator

Cena going missing always creeps up on me. I was watching HIAC and thought "hang on, when was John last around?"Ā 

They have to give him the record-setting run, even if only as a gift for his longevity. The "helluva run on top" as Austin frequently calls it is very impressive in this era.Ā 

What's left for him?

Putting Lesnar to rest?

What about a fully heeling it up Tomasso Ciampa? He'd square up great against a proper white meat babyface, though I'm not sure the match would mesh well with John. If we consider NXT, much as I dislike him I can see him having a good series against Adam Cole. Dem Wans would gravitate to the indieriffic Cole and it could be like One Night Stand.Ā 

Archived