WWE2K19

Onyx2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We’ve been running a poll about which is the better game, Fire Pro World or 2K19, and with less than a day to go and almost 70 votes, I’m pretty surprised by the result so far. I though FPW would have smashed it. Probably comes down to the fact much larger proportion of people only know about the 2K game, but still, whilst Fire Pro Wirld is being coined as one of the best wrestling games ever, we can’t deny the improvements to 2K19.

Feel free to chuck a vote in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1049208248933539840

B7C222F2-C52D-41F9-8CC6-19347BA3F1EC.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

This game is sooooo frustrating! I think 2k14 was the last one I played properly, so most of the controls are similar but of course the pin minigame is different and I can't get the hang of it AT ALL. Is there not some sort of practice bit anywhere? I'm having either long matches with back and forth or I'm squashing someone but then they get one pin attempt and I fuck it up. I understand how it works and I manage to kick out sometimes but not nearly enough even if they've hardly touched me.

I set the game to easy and switched all the sliders so my reversals are good and the computer's is shit, I took away reversal limit completely, but that doesn't seem to affect the Daniel Bryan story because I'm struggling through that. It took ages to put away Orton with the table shenanigans, and as of now I can batter Cena but he gets a finisher somehow and beats me. It's just not fun. Sometimes the reversal pointer shows up, sometimes it doesn't. The strikes are mostly horrible unless you're 100% facing the opponent correctly - that's not fun either. The general gameplay has been sped up from 2K18 I heard, that must have been terrible to play. Career mode has been a bit more fun now that it's on an easier setting, not having to replay a lot of stuff, but then most of the cutscenes can't be skipped! Gah.

Finally, to try and get some enjoyment before I ditch it, I installed the Accelerator (PS4) to unlock the whole roster and the PS4 interface says it has downloaded, it's "waiting to start", you click into the add-on and try to start, and it says "application not found". As in the game itself, I think, even though the disk is in there and it's been playing. It's like it wants me to actually download the game onto the PS4? I went into the "unlockables" bit in the game and the button to unlock everything isn't there. And I can't download any decent CAWs until the rest of the roster and their movesets etc are available. Sorry, I'm new to PS4 and it's a fucking pain trying to navigate around the settings.

TL;DR - help?

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

TL;DR - help?

Throw it in the fucking fire.

I have never found myself as frustrated and angry playing a game as I have with the recent WWE games. The controls are shit, the pin system is bollocks, the game is generally too hard, the graphics are cack in today's gaming and the loading screens were too often and long. Wake me up when they give the license to someone else. Hell, I'd even take the lootbox wankers at EA over Yukes/2K.

• Paid Members

I haven't played the most recent one, but the last say 10 iterations have the same problem in that there's nothing satisfying about the gameplay. It's just a very dull and clunky beat 'em up with an increasingly outdated skin. I played UFC 2 the other day, it's a thousand times more enjoyable and satisfying an experience, and I don't really like MMA. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I haven't played the most recent one, but the last say 10 iterations have the same problem in that there's nothing satisfying about the gameplay. It's just a very dull and clunky beat 'em up with an increasingly outdated skin.

Do you know which game felt like a revelation in that respect? WWF Smackdown, the first one. Ok, it had a fraction of the roster that the previous WWE game - WWF Attitude - did, nowhere near as many modes and the CAW was terrible, BUT the gameplay was a revelation. It was so much more enjoyable and different from Attitude. It was more fluid, more arcade-like and although some claim the gameplay in Attitude was more realistic in terms of wrestling matches- it was also boring as fuck.

Archived