Love it!

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

My mum loves these shite magazines. I remember the Benoit murders were covered  in either chat or take a break. They of course added a little script of what happened over that weekend. I can imagine the housewives and old dears getting right into it and taking it as truth before he snapped. The only bit I remember was they were having dinner at the dining room table and Chris was being distant

Nancy - “Big match this weekend then?”

Chris - “Yeah”

‘She sensed something was off, but put it down the nerves’

I fully expect him to come back as one of these ghost lovers at some point. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Back in my BritWres days, Jetta would always have a copy of Love It with her and it became a running joke because of the shite you'd get. One that stood out was 'RAPED, THEN HE TOOK ME OUT FOR A BURGER'. It ended up becoming a bit of a thing where backstage everyone would take it in turns to read through it between their matches.

It's like part Jeremy Kyle, part your bullshitter mate from school who claimed his dad drive a Ferrari and part something Vic and Bob would come up with.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It's like part Jeremy Kyle, part your bullshitter mate from school who claimed his dad drive a Ferrari and part something Vic and Bob would come up with.

Ha, reminds me of an old Punt & Dennis sketch from Canned Carrott:

"Your dad 'asn't got a Ferrari!"

"Yeah, 'e's got a Ferrari, and you're sussed, 'cos it's a Ferrari ESTATE!"

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

"Saved! By a psychic!" being accompanied by a picture of a confused dog has done me in.

I now feel the need to read that article because it's not clear whether the dog was saved by a psychic, or whether someone was saved by a psychic dog.

• Paid Members
On 9/20/2018 at 6:06 PM, Onyx2 said:

Circulation's irrelevant. All you need to do is get advertisers on board. And you bundle this title in with dozens of others and sell it to an agency. "We can get you in front of a million eyeballs per month, including that lucrative middle aged woman market..." 

I remember reading somewhere, the Eye possibly, the main reason the telegraph gives away a cheap bottle of water with a sale at airports is to make circulation look better, as the papers get scanned for the cheap water then put back on the rack by staff. 

The resulting boost in numbers allows bigger fees for advertising that more than off set the cost of subsidised water at WH Smith and the print costs of papers that end up pulped into word-a-bix.

What I love is the fact each cover has a random big stock photo of a normal looking model's face, which has no relevance or connection to any of the headlines. I can only assume is to make it seem a bit less out there and more acceptable to purchase. 

• Paid Members

Looks like something you'd see advertised on the pages of Viz, if not the headlines of actual articles from in it.

• Paid Members

Viz do themed "Take A Shit 4-8 page features almost every issue and they're usually great little pieces.

Archived