My best finisher?

Carbomb

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, air_raid said:

When did Rey Rey pin anyone after just the 619 instead of following with a legdrop or crap splash?

That fucking splash where he would spring to the top then fall forward with no momentum with his arms glued to his sides. He looked a right bell-end and it had all the impact of a strong fart. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

That fucking splash where he would spring to the top then fall forward with no momentum with his arms glued to his sides. He looked a right bell-end and it had all the impact of a strong fart. 

But the post includes "the splash." Carbomb seems to be saying Rey finished WITH the 619. I don't think this ever happened.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

But the post includes "the splash." Carbomb seems to be saying Rey finished WITH the 619. I don't think this ever happened.

I just wanted to shit on that abysmal splash as it had been brought up. I hated it. 

I don't recall a time the 619 wasn't followed up though. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

I don't recall a time the 619 wasn't followed up though. 

Is this a case where "The 619" was available for a front special on one of the games and someone's put 2 and 2 together and made 9? Lots of video game names that were never used in real life in this thread too.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It did happen, on TV. Was a long time back, and I couldn't tell you exactly when. But I remember being surprised at the time that he wasn't following it up. It must've lasted for one or two shows at most.

• Paid Members

The 619 was awful, mostly because the level of "contrived" about the opponent setting themselves up for it was usually bordering on ridiculous. There's a house show finish on YouTube where he dropkicks Punk in the knee causing Punk to fall forward in an awfully convenient way to get into position, then Punk reverses the first 619 attempt onto a GTS attempt which Rey turns into a headscissor which ALSO drapes Punk miraculously across the middle rope. 619, strong fart splash, go home. When a wrestlers finish and the drama surrounding the finish is a fuckawful looking "hey, look at the performers co-operating" sequence, it kind of takes you out of it. The first against Chavo looked organic, thereafter was mostly a shitshow.

619 with any kind of crap follow up, West Coast Pop... fuck that noise. The Pop was a letdown after it turned into the lame "rana" variety that just flips your opponent to the mat, as opposed to when he used to springboard into a proper Huracanrana.

In WWE, Rey always seemed to have to grab the legs for the pin with a second attempt, spoiled it for me a bit.  Even at it's worst, at least the 619 didn't have John Cena draped across the ropes talking to Roman whilst waiting for it.

Sid's chokeslam/powerbomb were a thing if beauty. None of this stupid flippy shit, just raw brutal power. The chokeslam particularly looked fantastic especially on guys like Michaels who would sell it like death. 

Maybe not a finisher exactly but Ron Simmons spine buster was another great looking signature. Wouldn't want to take that either!

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Maybe not a finisher exactly but Ron Simmons spine buster was another great looking signature. Wouldn't want to take that either!

It was totally Simmons' finisher in WCW.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Is this a case where "The 619" was available for a front special on one of the games and someone's put 2 and 2 together and made 9? Lots of video game names that were never used in real life in this thread too.

Exactly what I was thinking reading the OP!

As a kid I was always amazed that Scott Steiner didn't seriously injure himself or an opponent when doing the Frankensteiner, he always seemed to catch it either spot on or make the jump a few seconds late, case in point the one on Samu at Wrestlemania 9. I was surprised he didn't use the Screwdriver as a finish when he turned heel in 97 instead of doing a shite Camel Clutch

13 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I used to love Monty Brown’s Pounce. But watching it now, it’s really poo.

it could look good when timed and bumped for well, but like Edge I think it's another case of getting the move over with everything but the move. I still regularly say THE POUUUUUUUUUNCE. PERIOD. to amuse myself, his promos were really fun.

Keith Lee does a fucking boss pounce now though

Archived