Wrestlers that turned in real life

Weezenal

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mick Foley. Used to love him, and then turned out to be quite up his own arse for a man who has been known to wear a rope for a belt. If you give him money, he'd probably pull his cock out like Shabaz. If you rewatch an interview with him after his book hit the top of the New York charts (because wrestling was hot, not that he was this brilliant writer), you'd think he was creating highbrown art, not pissing blood with a sock on his hand.

I also logged on to say Mick Foley. Probably the wrestler with most genuine likeability in the late 90s. Every though he's so different, he was like the Daniel Bryan 2013 of his day. Was over as a good wrestler and a good decent man. A combination of aging, eccentricity and whining has tarnished him to many.  

• Paid Members

Road Dogg. A man who found popularity and t-shirt sales via a catchphrase and the hot tag to Billy, remembered warmly nonetheless, has transformed into a bitter loser with enough time on his hands to condescend to the paying public about the importance of wins and losses and what the story was supposed to be, getting it wrong at nearly every turn. Berk.

• Paid Members

Going to throw Jim Ross' black resistol hat into the ring here. He's the greatest announcer of all time, I met him briefly at the 'Mania 27 Axxess and I was really sorry to hear about his wife passing away - that must've been absolutely awful and I feel a bit bad about including him here. However, this is the internet and I'm hiding behind a keyboard, so there. His creepy tweets to female models/wrestlers are just well off. He's also been getting increasingly bitchy when replying to people on social media. Probably a touch of the Foley albeit on a lesser scale. 

If we're including babyface turns in real life - X-Pac has come across an absolutely sound bloke in recent podcasts, interviews etc. Clearly had his demons but he comes across as very likeable and still has a great mind/psyche for the business.  

• Paid Members

Hogan going to the dressing room to apologise to the boys for letting them down, but instead giving a leacture on the dangers of being filmed without knowing it leads me to believe he's spent to much time having his arse kissed by his mates the last 2 years. He doesnt seem to be sorry at all. He has that "I never refused to do a job for Flair at Halloween Havoc" look on his face when talking about it.

• Paid Members

When did Al Snow become one of the most miserable twats in wrestling? Watching him back in ECW and the Attitude era, you'd expect him to be a goofy, fun loving bloke. I remember watching his RF shoot interview from while he was in ECW in 98 and, although there's always been a sarcastic smart arse tone to him, he wasn't the joyless, sour faced fucker he's become in recent years. Just constantly bangs on about what draws, as if he was 80s Hogan, and that weird 'a match is only good if it draws' logic. Seems to absolutely detest wrestling fans as well and just generally comes off as a right condescending berk. 

On the other side of the coin, I used to think Bruce Prichard seemed a right cunt but Something To Wrestle has done wonders for him, I think. I've heard enough stories from wrestlers in interviews to make me believe he was a massive bellend at times, and he does go a bit OTT with the WWE/Vince blinkers on at times. But he actually doesn't seem that bad a guy to me since I've been listening to the podcast. 

This thread is Foley's all over though. Never known a wrestler go from being so beloved to the point he had a huge thread on here about how much of a tight fisted, thin skinned, creepy bastard he is. He really did seem to go from Good to Crud in record time. 

I feel I was glad I met Alberto Del Rio when I did in between WWE stints. Even brought a tassled scarf along for the photo op. He got the bit. Wasn't bad for the price at £20 because you also got your choice of promo photo and he had a decent selection. I got one of him with the World Heavyweight Championship. But eventually, it all unraveled, didn't it? Plus he was a bit of a broken record going back to hating WWE again.

Archived