Best and Worst Non Wrestler...... Wrestler

Sheffbag

Quick thread, may catch on, may not.

Best and worst non wrestlers to appear in the ring. Must have had one match, not just appeared in a skit.

Non of the McMahon's are eligible for this as they would be too obvious.

I'll start

Best

I wanted to say Zeus because he's just fn ZEUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (in my best scary sherri voice) but i'll go for Kevin Greene,- Genuinely surprised he didnt do more in the ring particularly as Mongo got a regular gig. Had the build and athletic skills to compete but never did anything

Worst

Jay Leno, I'll ignore Arquette but this really was the pits sticking him in a match

• Paid Members

Apparently Kevin Greene stopped wrestling because he was still actively playing in the NFL and teams started putting a "No Wrestling" clause in his contract.

Jenna Morasca and Sharmell are the first folk to come to mind. Why the fuck anybody thought that was a good idea, on Pay Per View no less, is mind boggling. You can't even blame them for it being shite, because it was always going to be shite.

Does Pacman Jones count? I think he technically wrestled a match, even though he wasn't allowed to actually do anything.

As for the good, it's been years since I watched the match but I remember Snooki being surprisingly good in her match at Wrestlemania?

Oh and Beulah and Bill Alfonso had a really entertaining match with each other.

• Paid Members

kevin-wwe20_crop_north.jpg?1377838352&w=

One of the most naturally great heels I've seen. He loved WWE as well, he really got it. It's a shame he almost immediately stopped being (in)famous and was never seen again (anywhere). A few years later I thought he'd be nailed on to guest host a Raw at least, but nothing, gutted.

His theme = Heat.

There's always hope for the Hall of Fame!

3 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

I remember Snooki being surprisingly good in her match at Wrestlemania?

One of my favourite things on that show, hearing her silence the boo-ers by briefly turning into the Great Muta with an ace handspring back elbow was fantastic

She did 1 move and it ruled. 100% success rate

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Does Pacman Jones count? I think he technically wrestled a match, even though he wasn't allowed to actually do anything.

He won & lost the tag titles without doing anything, pretty much!

On the other end of the spectrum, former NFL running back (technically he was a current NFL running back, just a free agent at the time of the match) DeAngelo Williams teamed with Moose against Eli Drake & Chris Masters at Slammiversary last year and was just incredible, with the usual suspects like Meltzer making Kurt Angle comparisons for how good he was in his first match.

According to Wiki, he’s announced he’s on his way back to TNA, but I don’t know if there’s been any mention of that on TV?

• Paid Members

The worst was Jenna Morasca. Even if in a way, she was the best. I watched her match quite a few times.

10 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Oh and Beulah and Bill Alfonso had a really entertaining match with each other.

They did. Years ago we did a lengthy "matches you have to see" thread with the idea of covering the rich tapestry of pro wrestling hitting not just "great matches" but the myriad of different styles and different things you can take out of pro wrestling and I volunteered that, because it's stunning work for hiding weaknesses, telling the story, and the importance of emotional investment. If a live crowd cares about your characters, you don't need crisp armdrags or 360 moonbombs.

Best vote goes to The dude from Arrow.  really enjoyed the stuff with him and Stardust at the time.  the comic book look of some of the Summerslam match promo had a great look as well. 

Worst can go to Screech from saved by the bell.

Mr.T can go in both camps for me.  He's awesome because I bloody love The A-Team but worst because he was pretty useless in the ring.  Bonus points for his Hall of Fame marathon speech though.  treat ya mother right.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, El Dingo Capitano said:

Best vote goes to The dude from Arrow.  really enjoyed the stuff with him and Stardust at the time.  the comic book look of some of the Summerslam match promo had a great look as well. 

Worst can go to Screech from saved by the bell.

Mr.T can go in both camps for me.  He's awesome because I bloody love The A-Team but worst because he was pretty useless in the ring.  Bonus points for his Hall of Fame marathon speech though.  treat ya mother right.

I hear Amell's match with Chris Daniels at All In was decent. 

Archived